Is computer edicate dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is computer edicate dead?

I've only been computer literate since 2003 and I had to learn that CAPS ARE IMPOLITE AND YELLING and to never use if I want powerful people in high places to listen to me.

Computer edicate also said that abbreviations should never be used unless you and your intended target understood each other.

In the age of texting and twitter, people seem to think that all of us understand this equivelent of pig latin in cyberspace.

It real irks me that the emails I get from commercial plant nurseries, email newsletters from IT Business Edge, to email from the WSNLA Lobbyist that contain abbreviations that leave me wondering what the HELLO they are talking about. When I inquired from one source what R17;s meant, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about and it was in their own email !!

N.A.T.S. Nursery Ltd:
    Time to planR11; we are planning 2010 production...ThereR17;s still time to finish those projects...SeasonR17;s Greetings!

IT BusinessEdge e-newsletter:
    R26: Enabling...
    R26; Eliminate...
    R26; Optimize...

Googling is worthless since I get R-ratings for insulation.

Its either RUDE OR ARROGANCE that everybody thinks that we all understand what the heck they are dicussing with this pig latin.
    Last edited by Stephen M.; 12-03-09, 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling and left out words

Originally posted by Stephen M. View Post
    Computer edicate also said ...........
    Was not sure of what you were talking about so I Googled "edicate".

This is what came up:
    edicate - 1 definition - Edicate is when you're not edumacated enough to spell etiquette!

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post

This is what came up:
      edicate - 1 definition - Edicate is when you're not edumacated enough to spell etiquette!
      :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post

This is what came up:

What can I say! I'm a product of public edumacayshun K-12 and private college for 5 years. Just because I hold 2 college degrees doesn't mean that I boast that I know how to use spell check :laughing::laughing:

BTW, the download for spell check up in the corner of this box looks more complicated than its worth. I need a 5 year old to show me how to download it.

Comment

What can I say! I'm a product of public edumacayshun K-12 and private college for 5 years. Just because I hold 2 college degrees doesn't mean that I boast that I know how to use spell check :laughing::laughing:

BTW, the download for spell check up in the corner of this box looks more complicated than its worth. I need a 5 year old to show me how to download it.
          I take it you don't use Firefox as your web browser? Firefox has spell check built-in.
          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
          Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

No I'm still in the dark ages with Windows

BTW, do any of you know what the hyroglifics mean? I still need to know why people use them.

I saw them again being use this way:

DonR17;t

It looks like don't and given the sentence context, it was "don't". So why type in donR17;t when it takes less work to say "don't".

edumacated idiots.

Comment

Looks like it might be a problem in your comnputer settings? Like formatting in the e-mails. I donR17t know the proper terms, but if you go to mail, then options, check and see that the settings arenR34t messed up. When the new mail program from Yahoo loaded here for us, I had to make some changes....I want to say something like the Plain Text FoR11matting may have changed or something like that. If that doesnR14t help...then youR17e probably screwed and will have to live with it. ( I really donR17 know what I am talking about, it's just a hunch). ø†herwise you may need tø ge† ºu† †he sec®e† squirre¬ decøde® ®ing.

Comment

Originally posted by hardboiled View Post
                Looks like it might be a problem in your comnputer settings? Like formatting in the e-mails. I donR17t know the proper terms, but if you go to mail, then options, check and see that the settings arenR34t messed up. When the new mail program from Yahoo loaded here for us, I had to make some changes....I want to say something like the Plain Text FoR11matting may have changed or something like that. If that doesnR14t help...then youR17e probably screwed and will have to live with it. ( I really donR17 know what I am talking about, it's just a hunch). ø†herwise you may need tø ge† ºu† †he sec®e† squirre¬ decøde® ®ing.
                Thanx :laughing: That's the best advice yet.

Comment

Drink More And Don't Worry About That Goofy Sheot..........

Thanx :laughing: That's the best advice yet.

steve-o
                  "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Working...
                  X