Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for any computer geeks out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiled View Post
    I will definetly look there after the holidays. Good luck with it. I dont think it would be the mother board just because it works with an external monitor?
    I wouldn't know. I'd think it's all just the backlight, it's not firing up. The picture is there on the monitor, but very dark. This would mean the graphics card is just fine, right? The inverter must be fine, as the replacement did nothing. And I'd bet the backlight on the screen is fine too. So it's something else.

I bought a new laptop because I'm tired of this mess. Once I get the new one I'll lug this one into a repair shop and see what's up, maybe it can be salvaged.
    I didn't really want to buy a new laptop because I'd rather pour the money into a new desktop. Oh well, **** happens.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Well have you thought about building your open Desktop? It is not that hard. There are alot of articles on stuff out there on how to buy one.

The prices on laptops now a days they seem to be a thrown down piece of electronics as well.

Good luck, let me know what you end up doing. I though mine was the invertor as well but it still will not turn on but once in a while. So Im going to chance the screen as well. The diag at the repair shop and cost of parts is not worth it to me so I would spend 50 on a used screen first. That is just a few beers

Comment

Got the new laptop today and already I miss the Dell. I'm gonna have to get used to this new bull ****. This one runs Windows 7; I'm used to XP. Keyboard is different. Controls are different too. This sucks. I hate change.

Sure hope the Dell can be repaired................

I'm not too interested in building a desktop. I remember when my dad built the family's first computer back in the late 80's. He likes doing that thing, I wouldn't. I'm more mechanical, not too much into this electronic stuff. I'd have him whip something up, but it's been months since he was suppose to run additional electrical jazz in my shop. Kinda slow.......
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Yeah, I understand about the change. I installed Win 7 on the home PC but it is so old and out dated that It was underpowered and could not be upgraded to run Win 7 . Went back to XP on it and Vista on the laptops. I will be upgrading to Win 7 on the laptop. It is supposed to be more stable, easier to use, using less resources such as RAM, loads faster and overall faster than Vista

Comment

Working...
          X