Single Hydro or Belt Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Hydro or Belt Drive?

For residential use (1/2 acre yard) - trying to decide between single hydro machine (e.g., Ferris 32" Hydrocut) or belt drive (e.g., 32 or 36 Scag).

Anyone have experience with turning the single hydros? how does manueverability compare between single hydro and belt drive machines?

thanks

I'd take a long look at the Quick 36 (they're a sponsor here with a link at the top of this page). If you do a search here you'll find that everyone who's bought one has been very satisfied with it.

CLICK HERE
    for Jack D's personally endorsed and daily frequented website.

Comment

Get an Exmark turd tracer HP. 36' 5 horse kawasaki.
      Costs about 6500 but its well woth it.
      Belt driven mowers can't do a true 0 radius turn because they cant go forwar and backwards at the same time.

Comment

Ditto to heavyd.......buy a true Hydro.....like an Exmark Turf Tracer.

Belt drives....as far as I know....do not have a true reverse, just reverse assist.

Most of my properties are under 1/3 acre and I use a 48" Turf Tracer........I am glad I listened to the guys on here when I was deciding between belt drive v.s. hydo....go with the Hydro

Comment

that was my thought over the weekend - talked to a friend who operates a large commercial landscaping business - can get me a good deal on a 36" Scag hydro. thanks for the feedback

Comment

Jack D. had a Ferris SD hydro on one of his trailers for a week. The 21"'s were preferred. Please purchase dual hydro units.

Comment

Working...
            X