Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to get a deal on spreaders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to get a deal on spreaders?

This is my second year in business for myself and last year I bought a terrible cheapo $70 Scotts spreader (actually the most expensive one in the store<g>). I don't want to go another season with it, so I've been looking at Spyker and Lesco spreaders. Does anyone know where to look for a special deal or promotion on either of these? I'm already regretting that I passed by getting a great deal on a Spyker at a conference a couple weeks ago, and haven't yet been seeing any other deals that I can jump on.

Lesco has their pre-season sale going. Their spreaders are included in the sale. It either ends at the end of the month or mid-April....not sure. Go with the stainless steel model. Visit your local John Deere Landscape store.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks so much for the tip. I stopped in at the local JDL a couple days ago and was quoted $410 for a Lesco spreader with a deflector and stainless steel handles, but I didn't realize that was on special <g>! I'm kind of leaning toward a medium-grade Spyker which I just got priced from Reinders at $163. It is better then my Cheapo(R) (aka Scotts) spreader and should get me through the season in decent shape, since I don't have too many customers at this point. On the other hand, I'm not sure that I want to have to go through this whole looking-for-a-new-spreader thing next year; so I'm still not certain. I also haven't had much luck trying to find a nice used spreader.

If I could just find that promotion for a really nice lesco or spyker @ $250..... Oh, well....

Comment

Think long-run, not short-term.

I think I paid close to $300 for my Lesco spreader. That was 4-5 years ago now and without the optional deflector. I need to replace the impeller now, but that's it. They're cheap spreaders to own if you factor the lifespan. If you choose this route, keep in mind the third hole can be manually closed and opened, a bit annoying, but it would save you from buying the third hole kit (at least from the initial purchase).
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
        X