New tight space tree trimmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tight space tree trimmer

I have a few customers who want me to take care of trees for them. I am far from a tree expert but can certainly do minor stuff without screwing it up too bad. At least make it look better after then before:laughing:

I went to the Stihl dealer and purchased a home owner special; a Stihl MS180c. I took it out today and did a dozen or so Doug firs and was very pleasantly surprised! First, the thing looks like a baby version of my MS460. Second I can reach out and if necessary use it with one hand-you would not want to try that with the MS460…ever…

Any way-anyone else use these home owner saws for trimming? For about $180 you can't beat it!
    Incitatus for the US Senate !

not a bad saw at all IMO. I've gone through several over the years. I like em cuz they're tiny, lightweight and inexpensive.
    BUTT
    with all the money I've spent on chainsaws over the years I guess I could've bought some serious upper level saws like a MS192 for that size. But you get what you feel you can afford and get the job done at the time.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

I was thinking about an MS260 but they start at around $500 or more whereas this thing is cheap.

The MS192 is more saw then I can handle. It has no safeties and you really need to know what you are doing for an arborist saw like that.

The MS560 is going for around $1000 these days but any idiot can use it-the MS192 will shread you real fast if you are not sure what you are doing. If you do buy one be very careful.
      Incitatus for the US Senate !

Comment

Working...
      X