No announcement yet.

"exmark encore" is this a good machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "exmark encore" is this a good machine?

I am looking at this exmark encore machine being sold on craigslist in my area... after reading about encores on this site I dont want to get it if it is the encore quality... however maybe this machine was made before the companies split? does anyone know?

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/for/2408470982.html

Also any general comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I do not know much about these commercial mowers. I did ask him if it was belt or hydro, how many hours on it, and if it comes with grass catcher.

Thanks a lot. Eric

Generic old belt drive design. I'd estimate it from early 90's, possibly late 80's. Not really worth more than $500 IMO if everything functions normally with no mechanical issues. Look for cracks in the frame and/or non-factory welds as this is a sure sign the unit had been abused. :alien::alien::alien:
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Thanks a lot... the guy definately seemed a little shady about telling me answers to my questions... he didnt seem to want to tell me much history... or just didnt know it... so I think I am going to pass on that one

This is just for mowing my personal property... is there any make/model in particular that I may want to look out for?

Trying to get an excellent machine for a good deal. Just have to keep it realistically priced since it is just for mowing only about .5 acres now and 1 acre in the future... I do want a walk behind though because I want the exercise.

Would be nice if it were less than $1000 but I dont know what is realistic in this market.

How about this one?
      http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/2409413055.html
      Maybe I could talk him down to $1300?

Thanks a lot, Eric

Comment

Working...
      X