Tire pressure for my new Exmark CT 52 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure for my new Exmark CT 52 inch

I recently purchased a new sit down 52 inch exmark. I am not sure what the tire pressure was when I got it . But after a month it looked to me that the tires where a little low, so as the side of the tire said, I inflated to 22psi. Now when I turn I really tear up the turf. What is a good psi for these tires so as I do not tear up my customers lawns? Thanks for all the help, you guys are great.
    Brett Calhoun
    Morning Dew Lawn Service
    morningdewlawnservice@yahoo.com

Believe it or not, about 12 to 13 PSI. You should have gotten a manual with that mower, and it will list an acceptable range for them, if I recall correctly from about 10 PSI to about 14 PSI. The inflation numbers on the tire sidewall are the MAXIMUM that the tire is designed to handle. My personal experience has shown me that tires run on the lower end of the recommended range are preferred, as it gives a smoother, softer ride, better traction (especially on slopes), and leaves room for air expansion for those real hot days. It's amazing how much tire pressure will change when the sun beats down on them.

By overinflating the tires, you have given up a lot of traction, and that is why you are making divots and "turn burns". You have also lost the proper rake angle on the deck as well. Get yourself a VERY GOOD tire presure gauge, like a nice big dial type one, that only goes to around 30 PSI maximum scale. This way you can accurately set the pressure, and make sure the tire pressures are equal from side to side.

Woody
    Woody

"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty." ---Benjamin Franklin

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." ---Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Woody, Willdo, Thanks for the great advise. I will calibrate tomorrow.
      Regards,
      Brett Calhoun
      Brett Calhoun
      Morning Dew Lawn Service
      morningdewlawnservice@yahoo.com

Comment

tire pressure

I run 12-13 psi on my 60 in exmark, less if the yard is rough. It really makes a difference. I'd chip a tooth with 22 psi.

I'll go along with Woody on that VERY GOOD GAUGE suggestion too.
        Blake

Comment

I run 8-10 psi on rear and 20-24 psi on front for my Cub M54 Tanks.

The tire size is similar to your Exmark. I would check you manual though as suggested above for the recommended pressure.

I also run mine on the lower end especially when the lawns are on the wet side.

Proper tire presur is important for a nice level cut also.
          Wayne

"If the grass on the other side of the fence appears greener...it must be all the fertilizer they are using!" (Kevin Rodowicz)

Comment

I think this article how far can you drive on a spare related to user search query too.

Comment

Working...
            X