LOcking up gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOcking up gear.

Hey will you guys post some ideas and pictures on how you lock up your gear on your truck or trailer...

I just got a trailer and am working on ideas on how to lock my gear up.
    One more for the ditch

Do you intend to keep your eqt. on the trailer overnight? Usually aftermarket accessories, such as trimmer racks and such have provisions to throw a lock onto it. If you have a box up front on your trailer, you could add a 'lid' that allows you to lock it shut, although having a lid but be more of a nusiance than a convience. As for mowers, if you have electric start a cheap way to detour the 'casual oppurtunist' would be to always keep the mower keys in your pocket when you are not using the mower. If they arent electric start you really dont have many options. You could lock em up with a good ol' fashion....tried and true...chain and lock, but you might get sick of having to lock and unlock your mowers all the time, not to mention the many feet of chain strun all over your trailer. If your trailer sides are high enough to prevent someone from lifting your mowers out from the side, then you might want to make provisions on the ramp where you can lock the ramp to the trailer in the upright position. If security is really a big issue in your area, you should consider buying an enclosed trailer.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

#1 target is your Blowers when your crews are eating lunch (or at the back of a large property). Believe it or not, at lunchtime we take any blower(s) not locked in the toolbox, and put them into the locked cab of the truck.

Protect your blowers! Always sit where you can see your equipment. Make sure the crew boss knows that he is held personally responsible for lost blowers.

Mort

Comment

You can lock something up the best you can, but if someone wants is bad enough they will get it. We have everthing insured for theft and total lost, because we are in a rough part of town.

Comment

Is it legal to hold your employees liable for stolen equipment? Hell, you can't chain the blower to them! If someone wants it bad enough they will steal it regardless!
          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
          Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

For the trailer its self i put a cinder block infront of the tire, then wrap a big chain through the wheel and axle and then back through then cinder. The cinder block prevents the trailer from moving if someone is trying to take it. I had my entire set-up stolen a few years ago, so now i take every precaution possible. I have found this to work very well. You can also get a lock that slips up into the toung of the trailer, so that also prevents from someone hooking it up and taking it.

I know a guy who went to Home Depot last week ( he was only in there for about 15 minuets) and someone came and took his trailer off his truck and stole it. That really sucks.

Comment

Locking your stuff up is more important than anything considering its in a trailer. I would suggest asking a good Locksmith ajax for what they have to say which is the best lock in town to get the best of security.

Comment

Working...
              X