Enclosed trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosed trailer

I'm in the process of opening an Outdoor Services company. Mainly starting off in lawncare for the moment. I've been looking at enclosed trailers and was wondering what good trailers are out there. As of now, I've looked at Homesteader, Haulmark, WellsCargo, and Pace. As of right now, Pace and Homesteader are out. Haulmark looks to have a nice trailer, but haven't seen a WellsCargo in person. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Waterboy
    2001 F-150 Crew Cab 4wd
    2006 8 by 16 enclosed trailer
    2006 Exmark ZTR 56" 27hp Kohler
    2006 Stihl Trimmer
    2006 Stihl Backpack Blower
    2004 Echo Edger
    2000 Weedeater Trimmer
    2006 Stihl Hedge Trimmer
    2006 Lawnboy 21" mower

Haulmark and Wells cargo make fine trailers. Don't have a clue about Homesteader. I had a pace and it sucked, the cable mechanism for the aft door broke within the first year and then shortly after, both of the aft door hinges broke. The support to where they are welded up was pretty thin. If you decide to get an enclosed, get a tall car hauler, they'll last much longer.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

trailer

Well, at the moment, I've narrowed in down to a 7x16. I think the 14 would be a little small when I get another ztr or walk behind.

Funny you mention the Pace, today I looked at a pace and it was new and one of the cables was already broken.

Waterboy
      2001 F-150 Crew Cab 4wd
      2006 Stihl Trimmer
      2004 Echo Edger
      2000 Weedeater Trimmer
      2006 Stihl Hedge Trimmer
      2006 Lawnboy 21" mower

Comment

I drove about 7 hours to Tramp Trailers in Savannah, GA and saved about $1,000. The interior walls come standard with 3/8" plywood. Much better than PACE from what I've seen.

http://www.uncleroys.com/tramp-trailers.php

Comment

trailer

I know I said the Pace was out. But I found a Pace Summit Landscape trailer and they say they are built better than the normal enclosed trailers. What do you guys think of this trailer.

I also found an open trailer made by Forest Rivers (I think) that is all aluminum. Only downside is they offer no racks out of aluminum

Waterboy
          2001 F-150 Crew Cab 4wd
          2006 Stihl Trimmer
          2004 Echo Edger
          2000 Weedeater Trimmer
          2006 Stihl Hedge Trimmer
          2006 Lawnboy 21" mower

Comment

Working...