X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was interesting....

This is an email I received....

How about a trade??

We need a patio/hardscape in front of our house and have a 1870 Rosewood Chickering Square Grand Piano to offer in trade............

Hope to hear from you either way....
    :alien:
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

I would do some research and find out how much the piano is worth.

You never know you might have a gold mine staring you in the face.
    The Grass Man, LLC
    Property Management
    Licensed and Insured
    www.thegrassmanllc.com
    404-626-4976

2008 Toyota Tundra 4WD Longbed
    6.5' x 12' L&W Trailer with landscape basket and trimmer racks
    Exmark Advantage Series 48", mulching kit
    36" WB Gravely w/velke & mulching kit
    22" Toro Push Mower
    Gravely Push mower
    Redmax 8001BP Blower
    Stihl Pole trimmers
    Stihl FS-80R String Trimmer
    Stihl FC-75 Edger

Comment

hope you have help to move that piano.
      Mr. Bills Lawn Maintenance ghs walker 48 in.tbc230sf trimmer,tpe250pfedger,tbl7600r blower,6x10 haulmark trailer with trimmer rack.

Comment

About 8 years ago a friend of mine needed a place to put his piano so we moved it into my empty basement, after things went sour and my wife and I got divorced I had this piano in my basement and I was selling the house, so I did some research and found out the piano was worth around $800. My friend said keep the piano it was given to me also and I cant move it anywhere. I told him I was selling it and I would give him $100 for it. I placed and ad in the paper and sold it for $650 and she had it moved for around $150. Not bad for something that was given to me.
        The Grass Man, LLC
        Property Management
        Licensed and Insured
        www.thegrassmanllc.com
        404-626-4976

2008 Toyota Tundra 4WD Longbed
        6.5' x 12' L&W Trailer with landscape basket and trimmer racks
        Exmark Advantage Series 48", mulching kit
        36" WB Gravely w/velke & mulching kit
        22" Toro Push Mower
        Gravely Push mower
        Redmax 8001BP Blower
        Stihl Pole trimmers
        Stihl FS-80R String Trimmer
        Stihl FC-75 Edger

Comment

Why doesn't the original owner sell it or consign it somewhere? Nothing wrong with trades. Have an independent knowledge party appraise it.
          Noli nothis permittere te terere

Comment

Lady doesn't live in my service area.....

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

Originally posted by the grass man View Post
              I would do some research and find out how much the piano is worth.

You never know you might have a gold mine staring you in the face.
              I did an internet search and found out that type of piano sold for $255 in 1870. Depending on who made it (Knabe, Steinway, or ?) and how much ornate styling is on it, it sells for a low of $1800 up to $26500. One sold recently for $1.6 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen M. View Post
                I did an internet search and found out that type of piano sold for $255 in 1870. Depending on who made it (Knabe, Steinway, or ?) and how much ornate styling is on it, it sells for a low of $1800 up to $26500. One sold recently for $1.6 million.
                I'll forward the contact info if you're interested in the gig.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
                  I'll forward the contact info if you're interested in the gig.
                  That's WAAAAAAAAY outa my service area! Lug it into my wife's favorite tv show--"The Antique Roadshow".

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen M. View Post
                    That's WAAAAAAAAY outa my service area! Lug it into my wife's favorite tv show--"The Antique Roadshow".
                    For $1.6 million on probably a $20-30k gig?

Onaga Kansas BTW.

Comment

Tell her if I can find an independant appraiser in her area to fax me an appraisal of over 50k that I will do it.

i'll just sub the job to a reputable paver crew out there and have the item shipped here. Tell her Ill give her 50% on the dollar over 50k.
                      SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
                      Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
                      www.lawnbook.com
                      www.lawnservicing.com
                      Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
                      Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
                      Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
                      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
                      NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Originally posted by Seascape View Post
                        Tell her if I can find an independant appraiser in her area to fax me an appraisal of over 50k that I will do it.

i'll just sub the job to a reputable paver crew out there and have the item shipped here. Tell her Ill give her 50% on the dollar over 50k.
                        I probably still have the contact info for ya.............

Comment

Working...
                        X