plant pricing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plant pricing, etc.

I am wanting to find out how you guys go about charging for plants. I would like to be able to just give the customer a list of plants, with the amount per plant installed on it, so they won't be in the dark about prices, and will know exactly how much they will be spending. I currently do not use a wholesale nursery but would like to. Do you buy wholesale, charge retail, and add a certain amount into the price for labor? I guess I just need to know how much to charge per plant.

http://kimberlandscapes.com/Gallery/Samples?page=1
    Kimber Landscapes
    www.kimberlandscapes.net

Comment

Kimber that is great work!
      Thaks for sharing

Comment

Locate a wholesaler and charge customer retail prices plus anywhere from $10-20 per plant installed and warrantied for a year.

Comment

Most of the successful companies are charging around 2-3 times retail to install single plants. This includes delivery, soil amendments, install, and warranty. This would certainly come down on larger volume installs.

All of the new cell sites we build have landscaping and it's pretty amazing what the large companies charge. Price to landscape a typical 100'x100' cell tower compound which is usually just evergreens alternated with a basic shrub and mulch averages around $7500. All for a 3-4 man crew for one day and $1500 in material.

Comment

There are times you can get 2-3 times retail for planting, but there are many plants such as a dwarf alberta spruce. Say retail is $150 on the tree, and you charge 3x ($450) to get the tree into the ground....I dont think I can find a residential customer to pay me $450 to deliver and plant that one tree. Even if you dig it with a shovel it will only take 15 minutes to get it in the ground. Commercial bids you can get more for the job though.

Basically I buy wholesale, bid it at retail and add a delivery charge to pick up all of the plants. I then price out the planting based on average planting times for the entire landscape. I also add a little fluff for guarantee. If you go 2-3 times across the board you will most likely price yourself out of the ballgame.

Comment

Originally posted by btammo View Post
              Say retail is $150 on the tree, and you charge 3x ($450) to get the tree into the ground....I dont think I can find a residential customer to pay me $450 to deliver and plant that one tree.
              True. Your wholesale price on a tree like that should be something like 80-90 bucks. I'd charge probably $250 including delivery and install. Put in a 15ft river birch last year that cost me $150 for $375 as it came with a serious burlap rootball.

Please note I don't warranty the tree beyond my nursery's 1 yr warranty. So if it dies I'll reinstall for the actual labor cost which usually isn't much...just pop out the old one and drop in the new one.

Comment

i do the same thing (price wise). I don't get a warranty from the nursery around here though, it all comes outta my pocket
                oooooooooo yyyyeah
                some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

Working...
                X