Gotta love rich people....they sell to themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love rich people....they sell to themselves

Had a customer who had one of her Pyracanthas die. She has 4 total, but one died. Since she thought just replacing one would look stupid, she wanted all of them removed and replanted with new Pyracantha. And not just small plants, "as big as you can get them."

Silly if you ask me, could have just replaced the one and performed renewal pruning to the other three. Sure the existing three would have still grown faster than the newly planted one, but it would have made more sense to me....

Then she had 5 'Nearly Wild' shrub roses. She called them her 'Charlie Brown roses'. They looked like crap, but nothing a pruning would have corrected. But I hate roses, so I wouldn't dare mention it....as I knew where our conversation was heading. -> She wanted to pull them all out and replaced with something more desirable. She asked for ideas. First thought in my mind, 'Dark Horse' Weigela. And again, she wanted them "as big as you can get them."

But it wasn't over...

"While you're at it, you might as well prune all the other shrubs."

Over yet, Nah....

Her neighbor, also a customer of mine, came waltzing over when he saw me out. He wanted to know which of his shrubs needed to be pruned...and how. He don't know crap about this stuff - he's a football coach for KSU. I talked it over with him. Apparently I made it sound difficult....er maybe it was the fact I told him it was a pain in the azz to prune Barberry....I dunno. Anyhow, he just asks, "Can you do it? I'll just mess it up."

Note: neither of these two customers asked for a price upfront.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
    Had a customer who had one of her Pyracanthas die. She has 4 total, but one died. Since she thought just replacing one would look stupid, she wanted all of them removed and replanted with new Pyracantha. And not just small plants, "as big as you can get them."

Silly if you ask me, could have just replaced the one and performed renewal pruning to the other three. Sure the existing three would have still grown faster than the newly planted one, but it would have made more sense to me....

Then she had 5 'Nearly Wild' shrub roses. She called them her 'Charlie Brown roses'. They looked like crap, but nothing a pruning would have corrected. But I hate roses, so I wouldn't dare mention it....as I knew where our conversation was heading. -> She wanted to pull them all out and replaced with something more desirable. She asked for ideas. First thought in my mind, 'Dark Horse' Weigela. And again, she wanted them "as big as you can get them."

But it wasn't over...

"While you're at it, you might as well prune all the other shrubs."

Over yet, Nah....

Her neighbor, also a customer of mine, came waltzing over when he saw me out. He wanted to know which of his shrubs needed to be pruned...and how. He don't know crap about this stuff - he's a football coach for KSU. I talked it over with him. Apparently I made it sound difficult....er maybe it was the fact I told him it was a pain in the azz to prune Barberry....I dunno. Anyhow, he just asks, "Can you do it? I'll just mess it up."

Note: neither of these two customers asked for a price upfront.
    A lot of my clients never ask for pricing upfront, unless it's a commercial job.
    Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by jrservices View Post
      A lot of my clients never ask for pricing upfront, unless it's a commercial job.
      A sweet deal it is....
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

everything is sweet for college boy......

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
        A sweet deal it is....

steve-o
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Working...
        X