Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with straightening trees........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with straightening trees........

What a mess. have a customer that has two trees that where shifted by the tornado couple weeks back. I'd say the trees are bout 4-6" caliper by now. One is a pear, the other a maple. Both where shifted by at least a foot. They are salvageable...just need to be straightened out.

Now finding a staking system to keep them straight will be diffcult, b/c I suspect they'll want to return to the position to tornado adjusted them to (though maybe not?).

Looking through the AMLeonard catalog here and see duckbill anchors. I'm thinking these would be the best option as they wouldn't pull out of the ground if hammered in far enough (heavy clay).

I think the toughest part will be setting them back straight. Need a small tractor.

My question: Does anyone have experience with duckbill anchors. Or does anyone have experience in this situation. This is a first for me.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

I would use a truck to bring them back........ once back in place Id drive a 3 or 4 foot spaded steel HD stake in the ground (maybe 2 or 3?) than wire up with heavy gage and unhook the truck. Leave them about a year?

$150 ea ?

Or you could use ratchet straps and winch them back and leave the straps? That way you can tweak them if the start to move again?
    SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
    Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
    www.lawnbook.com
    www.lawnservicing.com
    Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
    Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
    Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
    Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
    NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Working...
    X