tree removal opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree removal opinions

I hauled away some brush for guy today that had to cut up some fallen trees from a storm recently. we discussed removing five locust trees on his property that are in a line beside a fence around some hud apartments. i told him i would work up a price for him. i am going to include myself and two guys helping i have a dump truck, chainsaws but i am going to rent the chipper. the trees are forty feet tall and 8 to 12 inches around. no problem getting the trucks close. i am looking for a general idea on price. i would appreciate any opinion or advice. thanks.

Are you sure they are 40' tall but only 8-12" in diameter?
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

no not sure on the diameter i just looked on my way out real fast on my way in to work. i am going back tomorrow to look a little closer at everything

Comment

Are you a licensed arborist? I'm not, I wouldn't touch them trees, rather I'd opt to refer the customer to a reputable licensed tree company.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
          Are you a licensed arborist? I'm not,.
          Why not?????????
          Daddy Rat is......................
          I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

I hear lawn apes can climb trees well...

Originally posted by yardboy View Post
            Why not?????????
            Daddy Rat is......................
            Licensed Idiot Arborist,

Why the freak are you cuttin' lawns then? Tree work pays better and commands more respect.

Sincerely,
            MasterManipulator
            2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

Licensed Idiot Arborist,

Why the freak are you cuttin' lawns then? Tree work pays better and commands more respect.

Sincerely,
              MasterManipulator
              MASTER MORON LAWNTURD,:laughing:
              How do you know Daddy RAT does not engage in both activities?????????????

Comment

If you do both...

MASTER MORON LAWNTURD,:laughing:
                How do you know Daddy RAT does not engage in both activities?????????????
                You sure don't talk much about trees. I suspect you're a licensed tree hack. Probably crash trees left and right without proper PPE and have the slaves pile them onto a mowing trailer, much like the way an unlicensed tree hack would. Hell, I suspect your preferred climbing method is a 24' aluminum extension ladder propped up against a tree.

Remember this picture The Rat posted of him and a slave a long time back?

Comment

What does LSF stand for Mr. Dingbat............

You sure don't talk much about trees. I suspect you're a licensed tree hack.
                  Last I checked this was a LAWN Service Forum, not an arborist forum................

Heres the Forums as listed on my LSF page, you might have the Gold Edition that has the Arborist section??????

Commercial Lawn Service Forum (19 Viewing)
                  Ask & Answer Questions about The Commercial Lawn Service Business here.

Commercial Landscaping Forum (8 Viewing)
                  Ask & Answer Questions about The Commercial Landscaping Business here.

Pesticide & Fertilizer Applications (9 Viewing)
                  Discuss Issues about Usage & Applications.

Commercial Equipment Discussions (29 Viewing)
                  Discuss & Compare Equipment used in the Lawn & Landscape Industry!

Irrigation Systems Discussion Forum (1 Viewing)
                  Ask & Answer Questions about The Irrigation Systems Discussion Forum here.

Running Your Business - Office Issues (8 Viewing)
                  The Business Side of the Business, Insurance, Advertising, Management, Software, Bidding, Pricing Services & Other Related Issues.

Mechanical, Equipment, Trailers & Repair (8 Viewing)
                  Help with Lawn Equipment, Trailers, Trucks, Concerning Repairs, Breakdowns, Quick Fixes, Diagnoses, Modifications & etc.

Comment

Let's worm our way around this one..........

Something tells me you don't know much about tree trimming...

Comment

Whatever you wish to think is cool with me.................

Something tells me you don't know much about tree trimming...
                      Son, Daddy Rat has forgotten more than you will ever know about horticulture and arboriculture..................Now go sweat your nuts off and cut some lawns, I think I will fill out my 941, state witholding, and state UE for the second quarter today. Also may take care of a sales tax report. After that I may screw off the rest of the day.
                      The Rat is outta here...............................

Comment

Son, Daddy Rat has forgotten more than you will ever know about horticulture and arboriculture.................
                        LOL, ya sure.

I'd test you on a little tree trivia, but I'd hate to embarrass you.

Comment

I'm asking this question because I do not know the answer...

Why do you need a licensed arborist to cut down a tree? Couldn't a licensed tree company be able to do the same?

I had a tree removed from my back yard and the arborist wanted $700.00 more and she had a cheaper stump grinder than the guy I had do it.

Comment

Originally posted by duratree View Post
                            I'm asking this question because I do not know the answer...

Why do you need a licensed arborist to cut down a tree? Couldn't a licensed tree company be able to do the same?

I had a tree removed from my back yard and the arborist wanted $700.00 more and she had a cheaper stump grinder than the guy I had do it.
                            At least around here, you don't need to be a licensed arborist to take down a tree. Landscapers can do it. But, you do have to make sure what sized tree your insurance company will back you up on. Most of the time, it's a pretty big tree.
                            a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
                            Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                            X