Decorative stone quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorative stone quote

I'm working on a quote to install about 1500 sqft of landscape fabric followed by about 20 tons of decorative stone. Is there a going rate to install the stone. The area is divided into 6 separate areas, on a slight slope and each section has about 12 bushes on each. I also would be renting a dingo to move the stone for $150/day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what size stone and what's your price on it.
    oooooooooo yyyyeah
    some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

The stone is about 2"-3" and my cost is $110 per ton. About $2100.

Comment

Rock is hard work, don't sell yourself short...

$4200 based on your rock cost (+mark-up), dingo rental, and using 5 oz woven weed barrier fabric and ground staples. Rent with the large bucket if possible. The small bucket is nearly worthless for repetitive material moving....a wheelbarrow would be faster. If the beds are ready to install weed barrier, and assuming you're having the rock delivered, you should be able to get the gig done in one day.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnhawk View Post
          20 tons of decorative rock.
          Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
          you should be able to get the gig done in one day.
          Seriously, you think that you lay weed barrier and then move and spread 20 tons of rock in one day?By yourself??

Please tell me how so that I can train my beeootchhes.
          Life ain't nothin' but *****es and MONEY. Ice Cube

Comment

Employees will move slower, as they have no modivation to complete the gig quicker...

Originally posted by clcare2 View Post
            Seriously, you think that you lay weed barrier and then move and spread 20 tons of rock in one day?By yourself??

Please tell me how so that I can train my beeootchhes.
            Dingo, large bucket. Rock dumped in one pile, delivered. And experience. Twenty tons ain't that much. Rock gets heavy quick.
            2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
            Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

In Arizona

This is only for the Granite. We charge 80-90 per ton. That includes spreading, raking, broom finish and wash down. It also includes Washing the street.

Comment

12 man hrs ............... 50 ft away dumped on hard surface,,, wheeled.

I would put 2 guys on it with 3 buckets and 2 scoops. Shovel never stops. Total with clean up 12 hrs.
                SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
                Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
                www.lawnbook.com
                www.lawnservicing.com
                Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
                Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
                Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
                Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
                NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Working...
                X