Trimming leyland cypress trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimming leyland cypress trees

Have been on a job the last couple of days trimming cypress trees. They have grown a couple of years after being cut from around 30' to about 6'. The homeowner wants them cut to 5', so I'm trimming about 1foot of stump and 4 feet of new growth.
    It has been a real pain in the A$%*. The weather is Sunny and hot 90+. I have 13.5 hrs in it now @ $35hr and have trimmed and cleaned up about 14 trees. All the cuttings were loaded up and dumped in the woods at the rear of the property. All by hand. Dump trailer would be really nice!
    This is my first time doing a job like this. Didn't know how do bid it so I told him I would charge by the hour.I have been having a problem with my chain jumping of my chainsaw. Just bought a Echo 18' and a Sthil stick hedge trimmer. What do you guys do in a situation like this?
    Did I shortchange myself. Now off to a cold shower and hunt down a cold beer.
    08 Superduty 4x4
    Hustler 54 Super Z

Not sure what the question is Super.

Comment

I guess the question was, am I in the ballpark with charging by the hour.
      I don't know how many you guys cut a hour. It looks like the landscape guys charge by the job. I wanted to be safe and go by the hour.

This was a lot more involved than I thought, and would have way under bid it, if priced by job.

What would you have done?

superz
      08 Superduty 4x4
      Hustler 54 Super Z

Comment

Working...
      X