Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos

Just a few pics of my home project. We've been working on this for a few years, but the majority of the work was done this year.
    The pond was installed about 5 years ago as well as some of the gardens. This years additions included the waterfall, the bog garden, additional perennial gardens, the irrigation, seeding the lawn and over 200 various trees, shrubs, and perennials.
    Future plans include adding more lighting, installing a paver patio/walkway, and more plantings.

That's one of the most natural looking smaller waterfalls I've seen. I'm not a big fan of the lava rock, but the waterfall itself looks pretty nice. If it was under smaller trees, like some redbuds or something like that for a back drop, it would look just that much nicer. The ivy makes it look like you scooped the whole waterfall up out of the woods and brought it to the yard. I like that.

P.S.- With that Olympus SLR and outside daily photos, you should set the Exposure Compensation into the negative zone. If it's real sunny, go with -0.7 or maybe even -1. You'll have to experiment as it might be only -0.5.

It has an exposure bracketing feature that will allow you to take 3 photos at one time, each set at 3 different values, then you pick the correct one later.

I think the photos have a slower shutter speed than would normally be selected in auto mode as well.....at least for sunny days like that. I would have figured up around 1/400 or so. But yours are at 1/100 and 1/125, which lets in more light. But this isn't a thread for discussing your E-330 settings, so I'll just say it again, I like that waterfall!
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks Scaper, I really dont know much about the camera settings, I just point and click. I'd like to learn how to use it correctly, but for now I just use the auto mode.

Comment

Working...
      X