Fertilizing Green Giant Arborvitaes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertilizing Green Giant Arborvitaes

I have a job this week installing a few Green Giants. My question is, what starter fertilizer do you guys reccommend? They will be 5'-6'. Any reccommendations would help.

I use these on all trees/shrubs/perennials I install. I have used them on many Emerald Green Arborvitae (as close to your Green Giant as I have planted) with very good results.

Toss several around the root ball after filling the hole mid-way.
    http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=orst

Stay away from root stimulators as they ain't do crap.....it's been proven.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

This Is A Good Post..................

Originally posted by Brick24 View Post
      I have a job this week installing a few Green Giants. My question is, what starter fertilizer do you guys reccommend? They will be 5'-6'. Any reccommendations would help.
      i have been looking in my books and searching the net and all i can come up with is to plant the damn things with the hole large enough to spread the roots out and just a few inches under the soil and water. the roots need air so not too deep. as far as fert goes, the info i got is to put down a 16-4-8 in late winter and mid summer. no starter was mentioned. keep in mind, i don't have clue and this is stuff i found. good luck.....maybe college boy will have some more for you.....

steve
      "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Working...
      X