outdoor fire pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outdoor fire pits

i'm a fire bug and love outdoor fire pits......anyone have any do's or don'ts in the construction of them.......i'm thinking of one in my backyard that can also be used to cook with......but mainly for looks and a warm hangout spot....pls post pics if you have them...i would love to see them

Originally posted by ohreallythanks
    i'm a fire bug and love outdoor fire pits......anyone have any do's or don'ts in the construction of them.......i'm thinking of one in my backyard that can also be used to cook with......but mainly for looks and a warm hangout spot....pls post pics if you have them...i would love to see them
    North Carolina Burning Regulations Just looking after you.
    Chris
    GrassChopper Lawn Care
    Member TurfGrass Council of North Carolina

Comment

thanks man!!! reading it now

Comment

See firemen are worth more then just fighting what most men fear

Remember what man has created man must now control
        Chris
        GrassChopper Lawn Care

Comment

how many fire pit related fires do you firemen run across?

Comment

To tell the truth we just went to one Sunday. Owner thought he had the fire out and left with his wife to go shopping. Well needless to say it wasn't out. Ended up buring his storage building, his yard and an area of about 600'x600' in back of his house. Can we say oops?
            Chris
            GrassChopper Lawn Care

Comment

Haha well the word firepit sounded good at the begining i was like i should build one at my house then by the bottom of the thread i wasnt so enthusiastic lol.

Comment

don't let that dull your enthusiasm.......a candle can burn your house down if used improperly.......the common denominator is the user.........one idea is to have a heavy solid lid of some sort that fits the top of a pit.....i've been picturing a customer outdoor fireplace with some extras.....what ever i decide to build it will have to be extra something.........hey edger...how did the guy's fire pit look? did they do a good job with the design?

Comment

How about a removable smoke house with racks that fits over the top of the pit or base.

Comment

i meant to say "custom-made outdoor fireplace above....".....ok ok...i c ya hardboiled...nice idea

Comment

We go to quite a few a year but they are often contained.Sometimes we put them out sometimes we dont.If its in a well built container away from any exposures or if you are able to put a rack on it we can consider it a "grill" and not be forced to put it out. Of course if we are in the middle of very dry conditions we dont let anyone burn.
                      Eastern Lawn Care LLC

Comment

What are you making the fire pit out of. I used this stuff from unilock that was real nice. We did a 15ft circle with a seat wall with a firepit in the middle. It was great it all matched and the customer was happy. I think when you use something like that it can contain the fire pretty well. It has a stone base and the outside of the pit was brick. my 2 cents chris
                        --- Chris
                        mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

coool.....sounds nice....i want to build it out of stone......i'm in the process of planning my back yard.....my wish list includes: aprox: 15'x20' flagstone patio with arbor to cover it......playset for the kids.....and synth putting green...with the fire pit placed between patio and the putting green...i don't play golf, but i'm sure some of my clients will.....plus the new renters will love it when it's time to bounce from here ...which i hope will come sooon

Comment

your going to play a little putt putt in the back yard huh. lol
                            --- Chris
                            mowlawns@gmail.com

Comment

You case use the firepit as the 19th hole.. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X