Help with bare lawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with bare lawn

I have resodded parts of my lawn over the last few years. However at the moment I have quite a bit of weeds and the grass is overall thin.

My question is what order should I do the following. I believe to fix it I should topdressed and overseed. Should I aerate and detach then throw seed down. Then top dress lightly follow with more seed.

Also should I spray the lawn first to kill the weeds then wait a week or so before doing the other steps. Also how often and how long should I water after this. Live in southern Ontario using Kentucky blue grass. Clay base. Please offer suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Help with bare lawn

Originally posted by Steve bazz View Post
    I have resodded parts of my lawn over the last few years. However at the moment I have quite a bit of weeds and the grass is overall thin.

My question is what order should I do the following. I believe to fix it I should topdressed and overseed. Should I aerate and detach then throw seed down. Then top dress lightly follow with more seed.

Also should I spray the lawn first to kill the weeds then wait a week or so before doing the other steps. Also how often and how long should I water after this. Live in southern Ontario using Kentucky blue grass. Clay base. Please offer suggestions. Thanks.
    There is the first of a long list of problems.
    Start by addressing the clay, I would recommend several treatments of Gypsum.
    Spreading treatments apart about quarterly (so up to 4 times a year) I would apply Gypsum at a rate of 40 lbs. per 1,000 square feet.
    Three to four of those.
    Once the clay base has been addressed we can proceed.

Comment

Re: Help with bare lawn

Didn't thought the process is little longer.

Comment

Working...
      X