Belt Drive Techniques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Drive Techniques?

I had an old belt drive a while back, but switched to hydros. Didn't recall the belt drives to be all that bad

BUT, just bought a Toro 32" belt drive for some gated properties. I don't remember my old belt drive to be such a pain to use.

My dealer didn't sell Exmarks. I'm going to call him today and see if I can turn it back in, maybe call it a demo?

Any good tricks out there? Always having to re-engage the blade is a pain. I generally pull the machine back manually. Maybe a clamp to hold the handle so the blade doesn't did-engage? I hate to override safety devices, but I know sometimes it's what you have to do to gain efficiency.

I even started going in circles (yikes!) to avoid constant re-engagement.

Any of you still using belt drives got some tips? You still do 3-point turns with a belt?

What is causing the blades to disengage??? This is a most confusing post to me. The only safety that any walk behind I had or used was if you let go of both pistol grips, the mower would shut down. You don't need to let go of the handles to turn or to back up so I'm at a loss. Yes you can do 3 point turns or you can do zero turns with a walk behind (with the blades engaged).
    BRL

Comment

On a Toro, if you let go of the grip on the T-bar, the blades disengage. You almost have to let go of the T-bar to pull the mower back or to shift. I can do it one handed, but it seems like I need to get the hang of it to avoid putting the brakes on with one hand (on the T-bar) while I pull with the other on the main handle.

On the old Toro's, there was a toggle switch. You could walk away from the machine with the blades still spinning.

I was thinking of a clamp, like a close-pin type to hold the T-bar and keep the blade engagd. It would behave like a 22" mower then.

It's a new mower, so I know it's behaving well. Many other people use one. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Hydros. Like my step-sister once said, "Once you go hydro, you never go back", or something to that effect......

Comment

It's easy to go around that safety feature. But that's all I'll say. All of mine but one has the safety feature working. On my oldest unit with the feature, it was shorting out. So I cut the wires, and spliced them into a simple toggle switch. So, I flip the new toggle switch, then hit the blade engagement button. But as stated, all others still have the safety device.

You just need to get the hang of it. Simply keep your right hand gripping the bar in neutral position, while pulling back on the red bar. No problems for any of my employees. I do however recall when they first came out. I too was use to the older Toro's with the toggle switch. I did have the blades shut off on me allot at first until I got use to it.

Other than that, the machine should be very easy to use. Maybe you don't have the drive settings correct. Oh, and I have seen some very 'touchy' safety features that shut off too quickly.
        a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
        Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks. That explains it. I never used the T-bar so didn't know about that. However, I've never seen other T-bar users post a similar problem, so keep at it and eventually you'll be able to work it one handed. Good luck.
          BRL

Comment

Belt drives techniques are the question that has arise and boomed very much these days due to the most reliable usage. The procedure and some other usage have been mentioned with the particular and buy essays online uk general aspect with the relatable good and commanding one.

Comment

The subject of belt drive techniques has arisen and exploded in popularity in recent years due to their high reliability. Essay help online and the technique and additional applications have been discussed in detail, as well as in a more broad and relevant manner.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience and usually I have faced issues but still I do not find a good solution and now I have seen your post where I got useful points that I will use and also share with the people and students through my website where students contact us to buy assignments online.

Comment

We are living in a competitive globalised age, where the buyers seek top quality products with zero defect. Here ISO certification has a vital role to play in establishing your business process as per international standards. An ISO Certification mark on the product ensures buyers that they are buying an international quality product.
                  dog raincoat
                  iso certification in delhi

Comment

CyberWorx Technologies is a leading IT company, providing top-notch web, app, e-commerce & software designing services, coupled with the whole spectrum of digital marketing solutions. Team up with CyberWorx for an incredible web presence for your business.
                    Top Web Designing Company

Comment

Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited is an eminent name in the chemicals industry, renowned for the production of effective polymer additives for flame retardancy & anti dripping properties. Connect to GFL for availing flame retardants & better your product performance.
                      Flame Retardant Additives

Comment

Belt drive techniques are a topic that has a lot of buzz these days because of their high reliability. The technique and some other applications have been discussed in detail with regard to the specific finance homework help online and general aspects with regard to the relevant good and commanding one.

Comment

Working...
                        X