No announcement yet.

Stripes 101

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That interesting I have considered adding weight to my at home Lawnboy's rubber kick back flap but sinse it allows itself to roll under I have been concerned about Blade strike. This seems to eliminate this concern. Anyone tried it yet?
    Tis easier to take someone with a good personality and teach them the skills they need, than it will be to take a skilled person and change their personality

Comment

for a 21 inch stripeing roller go here www.inventtek.com
      They work well
      SOME OF THE FINEST THINGS COME FROM SICILIA.
      Scottish by birth British by law
      A highlander by the grace of god

Comment

I put a roller like that behind my lawn boy and it did not work well due to the staggered wheel

Comment

grass lines

the other week someone told me that if you just go in the same direction all the time the grass won't grow straight instead you yould mow diferent directions after every other week is this the best way to do it or it doesn't matter?

Comment

Not really sure about that. I change directions every week to keep the underlying stripe going. I like a 4 way cut. 1 week its out and back, 2 week it's across and back, 3 week t's a 4 to 10 stripe out and back, and week 4 its an 8 to 2 stripe. I have heard some saying training the grass like you hair is the right way, others have said its best to switch it often.

I am interested in a certain look to it, so my pattern is more related to that.
            Tis easier to take someone with a good personality and teach them the skills they need, than it will be to take a skilled person and change their personality

Comment

striper

will it work while my snapper is mulching and that the grass is snt. augustine? or do I have to bag it all the time in order to stipe?

Comment

striping is part the effect, in my opinion, of the deck moving over the lawn surface. I am sure that it is enhanced by the suction created by the blades spinning and the fact that snapper decks tend to be deeper and have the blades somewhat more recessed into the deck. I am sure the mulching set up will degrade the quality of the stripe to an extent, but having never used the mulching capabilities of snapper's mulcher, I would be hard pressed to predict how much

Comment

I mowed my father in law's lawn yesterday with his push mower because he's away & I was there to do something else. I mulched & it still showed the stripes fine.

You should change patterns weekly. There are scientific reasons for it, but I don't have time right now to look up the links to post, and I can't remember them to explain. But if you research the university sites with turf info you will find info on it.
                  BRL

Comment

i have a 52inch wright stander, where can i find a lawn stripper for my tip of mower? I know scag has a new one for 350. can i buy that and mount one or are there universal ones?

Comment

I worked for a golf course and they cut the greens in five different directions and it makes a neat pattern but also helps to reduce ruts from constantly having tires in the same place. I think that is why striping is popular.

Comment

check out bigleaguelawns.com i dont remember who but someone on this site gave me that site
                        paul

Comment

I like to do striping up here in Michigan. Looks great very professional and popular here.

Check out this if you have any questions

http://scag.com/lawnstriping.html

Pat

Comment

Ya'll need to find something to do, because it's clear you don't have anything important going on.
                            Blake

Comment

You mean like come onto lawn sites and complain that people have nothing better to do?

I think stripes look good but I dont really think that any of my customers give a crap.
                              Corn Flake

Comment

I'm sure I don't.
                                Blake

Comment

Working...
                                X