Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning business

Hello
    Ok wanted to ask a question0s about add on business to our current list of things that ppl do in this business
    My Mother called this morning from OR, Anyways she has been hired by a Real Estate company to go into repo's and clean them so they can be resold.... They pay her 250 to 400 per house and anditional 100 if she has to haul junk away... Anyone doing this or familiar with this service???

Also along the same lines how about conctruction site clean=ups including cleaning the newly constructed homes, getting them ready for move in or sale???

Let me know if anyone has any feedback on this

thanks
    Dayak
    "Life was meant to be lived"

groundworks@charter.net
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/groundworks2004

Lin

We ran into a lady the other day that is cleaning appartments after people move out. She is getting about the same rates as you posted for the houses. She works part time and made about 35k last year.

Comment

Yes very familiar with this ... around here we call it move in move out services ... apts condos, entire homes, offices vacated, rerented and so on. Sometimes they'll get $350 to $500 regular cleanup of a condo, sometimes added dollars like $500 to $1,000 to slap a coat of white paint on the walls ... fix holes, etc.

I think if you are in a major market ... this could run separate with one crew leader and Hispanic male or females ... and keep that crew going 5 days a week ... especially if you add commercial. Toss the stuff in a van ... limited tools, maybe add a few repeat janitorial stuff for any down times experienced.

I'd say ... do it. Low risk, places are empty inside out of weather a year around thing ... perfect low skill stuff.

There are so many ways to make money ... choose your threshold of pain ... and knock yourself out?

Phil

Comment

in my county in va. you need a separate licence and insurance to do this type of work. if you want to be legal check into it.
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

how do u get these jobs?

Comment

contractors , real estate people or just flyers for homeowners. forgot newspaper. make sure you are licenced and insured and some riquire bonding as well.
            "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Great

Great I am goign to start Farming for this stuff great info lets see if I have much of a market here

Wish me luck LOL

Dayak

groundworks@charter.net

Lin

Comment

websites

Anyone know of any companies that have websittes that are dedicted to this business OF cleaning ??

Thanks
                Dayak'

groundworks@charter.net

Lin

Comment

Cleaning

Ok now when I bid a job for the cleaning what do people do about Carpet cleaning??? do u sub that out???

Thanks
                  Dayak

groundworks@charter.net

Lin

Comment

In early stages sub out the carpets because this requires dollars on a unit ... use Hispanic help to "elbow grease" the work ... sell time blocks for money ... don't be a hero too soon ... sell labor with no big out of pocket dollars in early stages. You're looking at less than $500 out of pocket, they want sweat labor done mostly ... so sell it to them. Mops and buckets, paint brush, can of white wall paint .. spackling paste ... a step ladder ... quick easy in and out ... make it pass inspection ... not looking for perfection ... fast lane work at reasonable price. Make the price for a crew day ... (other peoples time) land ... heck ... what? ... a couple of hundred bucks in your pocket without you being there ... that's the bottom line. You don't care if its 2, 3, 4 on the job ... bottom line it per day after cost you make $200 plus. More of course for the bigger jobs ... this is fast lane in and out ... you shouldn't have to go back and check anything ... sell the jobs ... and you're out of there ... no go backs. Tell your crew leader if there are no complaints ... he ... she ... gets an extra $20 or whatever.

Phil
                    Last edited by Phil Nilsson; 02-02-04, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hey,

One of friends is starting a cleaning business., and he wants to know what kind of safety should have used for his new business.???
                      please suggest him something??

Comment

Hey,

Please suggest me something for my friend.
                        http://optionspluscarpetcleaning.ca/...aning-service/

Comment

how can I get something like that?.

Comment

Working...
                          X