What's your oddest complaint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your oddest complaint?

Whats your oddest complaint from a customer or someone else?
    1993 Ford F-250
    16ft Landscaping Trailer
    2004 Walker GHS 48" 26hp EFI Power Dump
    2002 Walker GHS 48" 26hp EFI Power Dump
    2004 Hustler Fastrak 44" 18hp Vac Bagger
    Honda hr215 21" mower
    2006 Honda Commerical 21"
    Redmax 8000 blower
    2 FS 110's
    FC 110
    FS 250
    FS 76

I recieved a call from the BBB today. When I returned the call it said it was the Complaint Dept. I left a message to get a call back but havent heard anything yet. Im pretty bugged as to what this call might be for. Not really sure who I have pissed off. I hope its something that can be resolved. Ill let you know just how worthy or stupid it might be.

Chris
    "MERRILY MERRILY MERRILY, LIFE IS BUT A DREAM....

Comment

I have had several weirdos but this is my favorite:

My house has several cars that park in the driveway. (6 at times). We live in a fairly upscale neighborhood. Early last year, when my brothers still worked with me, he received a voice mail message on his phone, the number being advertised on the truck, parked in the driveway. The message was from a rather irate woman who said.....

"I dont know what the hell the problem is, but everyday day there is some damn car blocking the sidewalk. If its not the Honda, its a truck or a jeep or something. I walk up the hill everyday, and everyday i have to walk around one of these vehicles. There is also usually one there in the afternoon when i walk with my kids. Its G-d Damn irritating. If you dont stop parking these cars over the sidewalk, im going to call the police and have it towed. Im also not going to be responsible if someone damages or runs into one of these cars. Arrghhh...."

Now keep in mind this is one of my neighbors, she didnt bother to let me know who she was or where she lived. I wish my life was so together and boring that the worst thing in my life is having to walk three feet around a car that is parked in a private driveway, over the sidewalk, and I could call someone up, make threats to their private property, just becuase I had to walk around the car. Wow. Thats all i can say.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieLawn
        I recieved a call from the BBB today. When I returned the call it said it was the Complaint Dept. I left a message to get a call back but havent heard anything yet. Im pretty bugged as to what this call might be for. Not really sure who I have pissed off. I hope its something that can be resolved. Ill let you know just how worthy or stupid it might be.

Chris
        Forget about the BBB! Most likely it's a sales gig. Before I stopped advertising in the neighboring county, they used to call me on a regular basis to say they had inquireries about our company, but could only say there weren't any complaints against us because "we weren't a member"; and why wasn't I? so we joined for 2 years and it was wasted money. During the time I was a member, I got no calls from them as a follow up. When I quit them, the calls from them came back!!

The gig with them is that 98% of people know who the BBB is and it's a private B*tching post. If you are a retail store posting their plaque, you have alot of return business. But for guys like us, it's worthless since we go to the customer and we don't post the plaque on our trucks! It is our REPUTATION that gets us business and keeps us in line and not the BBB. If it's a bona fide complaint, there a procedures to go thru to fix the compliant. My advice is don't lose sleep over it.

Comment

I had a guy once that was fairly upset at me because the very tips of the grass were they had be cut after i cut his lawn turned a tanish color. I don't think there is a way to have a cut that doesn't do that, i mean He said my blades weren't sharp enough but i sharpen them at the end of each day, and i mow considerably slow most of the time. Anyways just thought i would add my stupid complaint in there also.

Comment

I mowed for a retired couple a few years ago, they we pretty pleased with my work till one day out of the blue.I had finished and just blown off the hard scapes when Mr.we'll call him suchandsuch came out and exclaimed he did'nt like the way his yard looked.Puzzled I inquired as to what he did'nt like, "the dark sections and the light sections across my lawn" those are called stripes Mr.suchandsuch like your neghibor has. "I know what they are and I don't like them" was his reply, so I talked to him further and he said "just mow it regular you know no fancy stripes" I said ok so I done as he requested and mowed it like "joe home owner" round and round till it's done.They paid me and I left, the next week I done it the same way, they came out again complaining that "there is to much wheel tracks in it ".So I tried to explain that striping helps eliminate "extra tracks" but they would'nt hear what I was trying to say.Bottom line they replaced me, funny thing is the guy they got to do it done it the same way for 3 or so weeks as I had done.........They replaced him also..............

They other complaint I get sometimes is "You don't stay here long enough" I like to get in get done and move on. When I hear this I always invite the home owner to "have a look around" to see if I missed anything, and usually this leads into extra activities they have me do sometimes I think just to have me stay there for a bit longer, but I get extra $$$ that I did'nt count on

Comment

This morning i went out and bid a job. The yard was a mess and deisigned poorly. I told the guy 200 a month for a cut and edge. The yard was pretty small but i didnt want to be bothered with it cause i didnt think i could make a profit. So i say 200 a month hoping he will say im too high and let me go. Well, he complained i was too low and he wont be needing me. I was shocked! I later found out his old guy charged 300 a month for the same small yard.

Comment

We had an older couple that was just plain wierd. When I called them back with their quote they wanted to make sure that "no women folk" would be working on their property. I assured them our crew was just men. The wife was in the background making sure the husband clarified this with me. They almost wanted it in writing!!! Then they wanted to make sure we didn't come on Sundays (we don't work on Sundays anyway). After we were servicing their property for a couple months, they called to request that we never come after 3pm because they retire for the evening at 4pm. Strange!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AllieLawn

Chris
                  A day has gone by and still no returned call. Not really losing sleep over it. Just thought it was weird that the number was the complaint dept.

Chirs
                  "MERRILY MERRILY MERRILY, LIFE IS BUT A DREAM....

Comment

Allielawn, sounds like somebody is messing with you.

One of my wierd occurances happened when we took care of a condo complex down in Port Ludlow, a rich people resort haven. The idiot manager always had a barage of complaints every time we pulled in. We did a damn fine job there judging from the compliments we got from most people; but it's always the F'n minority that's the problem. I told him in no uncertain terms that i never recieved this many complaints at my other condos, so he toned it down to one per week.

But he got even by complaining about the wheel tracks we left in the lawn. This crap went on for several weeks until I finally got out of him that he didn't like seeing wheel tracks from the wide tires on a 36" or a 52" mower and he wanted to see only 21" wheel tracks. Again I told him where to stick it since I am entitled to make a profit in the job and it wasn't up to him what sized mower I could use--there was nothing in the specs concerning that. The next couple of weeks he complained about seeing all wheel tracks, so I told him that if he didn't want to see wheel tracks, hire a damn helicopter to fly upside down for his next lawn mowing.

The next contract period the board approved my contract, but the jerk manager decided that he wanted me on time and materials thinking it would be cheaper than my contract--he was very wrong. After 6 months we got terminated, but that was the good part for me and I laughed all the way out of that hole.

Comment

What's your oddest complaint

My customers have asked if I could speed up the process of my quality of work. A lady asked me if I could trim her bush and she did not have one outside . When I told her no she complained
                      The Grass is not alway's greener on the other side!

Comment

Ok it seems I have had a little help with my earlier post. It seems the last time I used this site on a public computer at work it kept me signed in. Couple of guys at work gave me a little help with that murray post, also with my personal informaiton. Oh well, i will get them back.

yeah i had a little help with a few post.
                        The Grass is not alway's greener on the other side!

Comment

what could be the best way to attend a landscaping problem from a client? what would be the best approach on this? what are the few tips on client marketing?

Comment

Originally posted by CrissBrothersLLC View Post

My house has several cars that park in the driveway. (6 at times). We live in a fairly upscale neighborhood. Early last year, when my brothers still worked with me, he received a voice mail message on his phone, the number being advertised on the truck, parked in the driveway. The message was from a rather irate woman who said.....

"I dont know what the hell the problem is, but everyday day there is some damn car blocking the sidewalk. If its not the Honda, its a truck or a jeep or something. I walk up the hill everyday, and everyday i have to walk around one of these vehicles. There is also usually one there in the afternoon when i walk with my kids. Its G-d Damn irritating. If you dont stop parking these cars over the sidewalk, im going to call the police and have it towed. Im also not going to be responsible if someone damages or runs into one of these cars. Arrghhh...."

Now keep in mind this is one of my neighbors, she didnt bother to let me know who she was or where she lived. I wish my life was so together and boring that the worst thing in my life is having to walk three feet around a car that is parked in a private driveway, over the sidewalk, and I could call someone up, make threats to their private property, just becuase I had to walk around the car. Wow. Thats all i can say.
                            You are blocking the sidewalk. You are in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CrissBrothersLLC View Post

Old thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X