Att, Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Att, Scott

One of our clients ( high end) had their prop core aerated around two weeks ago. All heads were flagged, so none got hit. However, in the backyard area, where two of the sprinkler heads are in the middle area of the lawn, it appears that these two heads are dumping water only about 4'-5' out in a perfect circle, like water is getting to the heads, but not enough pressure. Seeing as this is an older system, & I question how far down some of the pipe was originally put , is it possible one of the lines got nicked by an aerator spoon? Appears to only affect the one zone, & I assume that a line being cut would be the main thing to cause this, since it didn't start till then.
    Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Originally posted by jrservices View Post
    is it possible one of the lines got nicked by an aerator spoon? Appears to only affect the one zone, & I assume that a line being cut would be the main thing to cause this, since it didn't start till then.
    yep, sounds like it to me.
    Turn the system on and look for a soupy part of the yard. There'll you find your break. All the sprinkler heads on that zone should be not working like advertises but if they're the last two on the zone, they'll be affected the most.

Here's is what I use for repairs. It's called a slip fix and found at your irrigation warehouses. You'll also need a coupling. They're pretty sweet to work with since you don't have to dig up a large section of the yard to repair your pipe.

http://www.irrigation.ca/Manuals/Brochures/QF-Specs.pdf
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      yep, sounds like it to me.
      Turn the system on and look for a soupy part of the yard. There'll you find your break. All the sprinkler heads on that zone should be not working like advertises but if they're the last two on the zone, they'll be affected the most.

Here's is what I use for repairs. It's called a slip fix and found at your irrigation warehouses. You'll also need a coupling. They're pretty sweet to work with since you don't have to dig up a large section of the yard to repair your pipe.

http://www.irrigation.ca/Manuals/Brochures/QF-Specs.pdf
      Thank you, sir. The client & I assumed that as well, being that the system is not new, pipe may not be set to code. i have recommended a irrigation tech to her, that we have had work done thru in the past. They do good work, & I use them when needed, I have minimal knowledge of irrigation, enough to get in trouble. Many thanks.
      Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

Scott, perhaps you ought to explain how to install a slip fitting??? The first one I installed was done wrong, boss made me cut and shorten the line to compensate. What'd I do wrong.
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
          Scott, perhaps you ought to explain how to install a slip fitting??? The first one I installed was done wrong, boss made me cut and shorten the line to compensate. What'd I do wrong.
          hmmm, I would but I've never installed one wrong. You sound like you're experienced.
          If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Interesting... I've never even seen one of those before... I always used the screw together union fitting to fix inline leaks. Have to keep this in mind if I have any pop up.

I've never broken a buried line before, but I did knick the top off a sprayer on a 4' post that was hidden in a hedge I was trimming... Didn't notice it for a couple weeks... I just noticed that the grass was browning up in that area, and then noticed a nice wet splatter up the wall where the head was geisering onto the house. lol Lucky it was a realtor house, so nobody lived there... I'm sure the neighbors were amused whenever the irrigation ran though.
            Jeff C.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              hmmm, I would but I've never installed one wrong. You sound like you're experienced.
              You could say that...

Learned quite a bit working there. Mostly drip irrigation work, but had to fix A LOT of line breaks.

I learn best hands-on....with mistakes along the way! Exactly why I turn down irrigation installs still.......I'm not comfortable yet. But I did just install a 5 zone system on my parents property. And everything works! And to boot, I bought a few cool irrigation tools.
              2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
              Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
              X