Electrical issue with our irrigation system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical issue with our irrigation system

We have a house that is about 10 years old. About 3 months ago, one of our zones stopped working when I tested the system. Initially I thought it was the solenoid, and replaced it. After finding out that it didn't work, I checked the voltage on the line and found out there is no power going to that zone (wish I did that before buying the solenoid lol ). I can't think of any reason why the power line going to that specific zone would have been cut. My only guess is that there is a short in the wire. I tried running a power line to it from another zone and got it to work, however the water pressure isn't adequate enough for two zones to run at the same time. I'll keep this brief, but I want to know how I can find the power lines in my lawn as I want to check that zones power line for shorts and replace it if needed. Do metal detectors work for this? Any help you can provide will be a big help. Thanks!

Turn that zone on that isn't working and check your terminals inside the controller for somewhere around 24-28vdc. Some units have modules that you can replace, others you can't and have to replace the whole controller. Seriously doubt its the wire
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Scott is likely right, it's probably the controller. If not, check all wire connections for the zone, including all common connections. Hopefully you don't find standard wire nuts and lots of rust. :alien::alien::alien:
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
      X