sprinkler system help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprinkler system help!

I recently extended my patio and was told that the previously installed sprinkler system would be capped and no problems would arise. Well, today I woke up to standing water on the patio and realized that the sprinkler system, when on, is leaking up through the seems in the cement.
    I called the guy who did the work and he said the easy fix is to just bypass the line and go around the patio, reconnecting the line on the other side (hope that description makes sense).

My question to ANYONE who knows what's going on is...will this be okay?! I'm worried now as the extension of the patio has been roofed over, connecting it to the existing roof. If the slab cracks (there is a crack at the seem of the concrete already), then the roofing overhead will be compromised, correct? This could be a world of trouble if not handled correctly.

I think I would call the guy who told you that the system would be capped and no problems would arise. But to answer your question, if you reroute the pipes then no water should be going under the patio.

Comment

Who's been giving the advice? I would call a irrigation professional. Capping the line (most likely) is not the answer. Re-routing the line could be the best option. But I don't know what this system entails, so I can't say what needs to be done. It's been my experience that all contractors like to think they know it all regarding landscaping and such (when they don't know ****).
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

I agree call the guy that caped it for you but if that's not possible then relocate the line that concerns you

Comment

Leaks often develop from broken pipe connections at the base of sprinklers, especially near streets and driveways. You can use flexible connection kits to reduce the occurrence of this breakage.
          Landscaping Killeen

Comment

Working...
          X