Pressure Washer I came across today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer I came across today.

Theres a vacant corner lot down the street from me where people park cars for sale. Today I drive by and theres a pressure washing rig.

5x10 trailer
    approx. 100gal tank
    5 gal chemical tank
    13hp Honda
    Kerosene tank and Heater
    2 reels with hoses

It looks fairly new.
    It had a nice new For Sale sign on it. How much do you think this might be worth from the description I gave.

Cause the GOOMBA selling it I guess doesn't know because he didn't fill in the sign. No number or anything.

I drove by at about 11:30pm and it was sitting there all by itself. Hmmm

Scott?
    MikeŽ
    Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at!!

I'm assuming the pw'er is a skid unit, how many gpms?
    what kinda reels, how much hose?
    sure it wasn't a 200gal tank?
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

It is all mounted to a trailer. No deck on the trailer. (Skid unit?)
      No clue on the GPMs. Should that be labeled on there somewhere?
      On the kind of reels. Am I looking for a name brand or setup?
      200gal? Hell it could have been.

If its still there and didnt get jacked overnight I will try and get some pics. I know little to nothing about pressure washing.
      MikeŽ

Comment

Originally posted by Mike J

If its still there and didnt get jacked overnight I will try and get some pics. I know little to nothing about pressure washing.
        if you post a pic I'll do the best I can to help out but pricing used stuff is hard, especially in different areas

Comment

Yeah I know! Him not leaving a number on the sign might be indication as to why he is selling it.

I did stop by there this morning and take some pics and forgot the camera in my wifes car. I will post later.

When you get out of the truck and stand by it yep thats 200gal tank. LOL I snapped a pic of the data plate is says 4 gpm on it can't remember what else. It is fairly new or very little use.

Ill get the pics up later.
          MikeŽ

Comment

Property search???

Originally posted by Mike J

If its still there and didn't get jacked overnight I will try and get some pics. I know little to nothing about pressure washing.
            Why not do a property search and see who owns the lot...

Assuming this is not county ,or land owned by the city, who -ever owns the property should have the contact info or the right to do whatever they please with the unit...Somebody has to know who put it there, and if the prop owner wants it removed he could probably call the town /police, and tell them there's junk he wants removed from his property, to cover everyones azz...

It could already be a stolen unit that somebody just dumped i guess and in that case the real owner would get his machine back...

Contact whomever owns the land, and find out what the deal is before someone walks away with it which will happen very soon...

When i first read the thread, i thought it sounded like it may have been some kind of sting operation to catch some moron who would just try taking it, but that would be a lot of wasted resources, to have a cop hiding around the trees keeping an eye on it....

Someone would have to have been drunk to leave it there without marking a contact number to begin with, or its abandoned for whatever reason...

Perhaps:

Someone removed the contact number so no one will buy it ,hoping when the owner feels no body's interested in it (the someone) who removed the contact info and has the number in his pocket will then offer $100 bucks to the owner to take it off his hands, and tow it away....

The whole story sounds very fishy and strange , but i`v seen the same thing many times....

Somebody should be notified because it might belong to someone who needed it , and someone stole it to break the guys balls...

Maybe you would get $50 bucks for a reward, or pick it up legally for under $100.... I would definitely make a few calls, knock on some doors, and find out where it came from...

GOOD LUCK, MAGNUM P.I WANTABEE, AKA TRANNY...........
            GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

Pics

http://tinypic.com/b97wjt.jpg
              http://tinypic.com/b97wva.jpg
              http://tinypic.com/b97wxu.jpg
              http://tinypic.com/b97zps.jpg

Finally talked to the guy. When he set it out there he took a marker with him that didn't work.

He said he has 2 surface cleaner attachments, extension wands, extra wands, numerous tips, extra hoses, and alot of chemicals.

He had a heart attack last fall and has only used it once this year. He didn't want to see it go to waste so he decided to sell it. He had it built 2 years ago. He used it last to clean semis at the depot as they came in. Just doing that he said he was bringing in $300 for about 4hrs of work a day.

He is asking 7k OBO

What do you guys think?
              MikeŽ

Comment

I dunno just did a little research for ya I would say that all of the components put together are only worth around 5,000 or so. It is a very nice looking rig and all set up for you so I would say around 5,500-6,000.

Comment

IMO I think that guy is asking too much.
                  The trailor runs around $6500 new(including reels and hoses shown)
                  I'm assuming he's has a 16in surface cleaner = $300 new, 20inch = $500.
                  Depending on hose types (probably standard) = $100 per 100ft.
                  Extra wands run $22-$39 for a really nice one
                  extra tips are cheap
                  total new = $7500,
                  he should throw in the chems and what kind does he have?

Comment

I think he's high also. I think I will pass on it. It doesn't seem like he will budge much on the best offer part.

Yes I think the chemicals were added in that. Not sure what all, when he said 7k I was a little sticker shocked.

Oh well on to better deals....thanks guys
                    MikeŽ

Comment

Mike,if your still looking there are many sites that support PW forums that have many pieces of used equipment.

If you do a BBS search on PW you will find many. That macchine in my opinion could be purchased at half the asking.
                      Ron Musgraves

www.propowerwash.com

Comment

do i need any permitd to do this type of bizz

Comment

That all depends on city state and county codes.
                          Ron Musgraves

www.propowerwash.com

Comment

Working...
                          X