licensing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensing?

I was wondering if a person needs some special license to do pressure washing or not? Or if you need one to use any cleaning chemicals. thanks in advance
    Thomas Huxley - "All truth, in the long run, is only common sense clarified."

Most of the guys just get an occupational license under handyman or power/pressure washing. You'll also need insurance; it's under the janitorial code.
    Using chemicals, if you called your local EPA office I'm sure they'd come right on over and have crazy monkey sex with you just for asking. There are codes and laws either by state or county on reclaim. Honestly, the only time I ever hear about people using reclaim is during gas station cleanings and fleet cleanings. Your best bet is to find a local company and see what they do and if they have references to share. Most likely they'll tell you to go leap off a tall building.
    WHENEVER using any chemicals and it has the possibly to reach the ground or storm water drains, you need to defer from that action. Be smart whenever using any chemicals in the green industry or everyday life.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
      Your best bet is to find a local company and see what they do and if they have references to share
      Be smart whenever using any chemicals in the green industry or everyday life.
      I think those are the only 2 things i understood.:p

So, from what i got...licensing varies a lot from state to state but there is probably some sort of license for both pressure washing and chemicals?

Comment

no, I've never heard of needing a license for dispensing chemicals in the PWing trade. Just make sure you have your MSDS and proper PPE.
        If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X