Residential snow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential snow question

With regards to residential snow removal, how do you all determine where and when you will hit your customers? Let's say you have 20 customers and you spend 30mins at each location. You start your day @ 6am and you get done at 2pm, setting aside time for commuting. From my perspective, one may get some grumpy customers when there is a fresh snow from the previous night and it isn't removed until the afternoon of the following day. I'm also of the opinion you can't really fire up a blower at 2 or 3 in the morning right after the snow has ended so you would have to wait until a reasonable time such as 6-7am resulting in your hands being tied. I'm brand new to all of this and I'm just asking out of curiosity as it is something I would like to get in to. I just keep thinking that people like to have their snow removed as soon as possible after a fresh snow, especialy if they're paying for it, and it would be impossible to do this having multiple customers. Maybe I'm way off and people don't really care as long as you get it done within a resonable aount of time? I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you.

you need to buy a truck and plow

Comment

Why wait till the snow has stopped falling?
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

I have my route set up based on the time they need it opened. That being said my commercials get done first and then I start on my residentials. Try to set it up that you do no or as little back tracking as possible. Fuel is expensive and there is only so much time so you need to be efficient. Let them know the terms up front as when you think you will get there to do the work. Keep in mind that any number of things can blow the schedule and they need to be aware of that. Bottom line is if they don't like your terms advise them to find someone else to do the work and find a new customer that fits your schedule. I let a few go this year due to them signing up for plowng and after I travelled to get to the location they had already cleared the snow themselves. I don't have time waste so I let them go.

Comment

a shovel..

Comment

Working...
          X