Snow Removal Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Removal Guidelines

what are the guidelines everyone follows for snow removal. do you wait until it stops snowing, it is up to the customer? what about blizzards do you wait until it done?

We will start at 2" and then as necessary there after. We will come out with a phone call for light accumulations. Icemelt is as needed, they may opt out of icemelt applications. I push everything per hour with a minimum of 1 hour, 2 hours on larger accounts.

Comment

If you wait till it's done snowing on the larger accumulations, you're a dead duck.

I have a few accounts with a starting trigger of 1". A few others are 2". Residential drives sit at 1/2" - those only get hit once per snowfall.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
        If you wait till it's done snowing on the larger accumulations, you're a dead duck.

I have a few accounts with a starting trigger of 1". A few others are 2". Residential drives sit at 1/2" - those only get hit once per snowfall.
        just found out that the hard way, we got the blizzard of 8+ inches and i waited until it quit and i had a hell of a time blowing through it.

as for next time we expect large (5+ inches) how do you gauge when to go out? half way through the storm or what? they were calling for 5-8 on mon. night and another 5-8 on tues. and it's wed. and i did all of my accounts today with a helper. when should i have gone out the first time so it would have been MUCH easier on myself and my blower?

Comment

Working...
        X