less seat time please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• less seat time please!!!!

i have another thread in this homeowner forum that has pics of my land and before/after shots. i have a JD 105 w/ 42" deck. i'd like to cut down on my mowing time which now seems eternal. It takes me about 2 hours to mow the areas around the house, but there are 3 fields i only mow about once a month and i'd like to mow them more but i don't really have the time. what is my best bet and best value for cutting down on the seat time? here are the options i thought of:
    1. 48" or larger SCAG or Exmark Walk Behind with a sulky (haven't priced these yet)
    2. Swisher pull behind mower - 44" to add behind my mower, maybe another one later ($800)
    3. Hustler Fastrack ZTR - a guy i work with has one and loves it ($3000). I'd like to get this and then and the pull behinds but i don't know how the ZTR would do on my slopes.

Any suggestions?

anybody got anything?

Comment

depending on how steep your slopes are i would get the ztr, sulky's are not confortable, and if your looking for less seat time the sulky is taking you in the other, more painful direction. and what do you need a pull behind for? if its for the fields i would just use the ztr to mow them.

-zach
      48" Exmark lazer ct
      32" bradley WB, 10.5 briggs
      (2) 48" 14hp john deere WB's
      72" Grasshopper 928D
      shindawa 261 trimmer
      shindawa 261 edger
      8hp WB blower
      kawaski K400A backpack blower
      MTD 3.5hp WB edger
      husky 28cc stick edger
      weedeater 22" hedgetrimmer
      5x16 leaf trailer with 13hp loader
      6' x 16' tandem trailer pulled by a..
      98' Chevy Silverado 2500 long bed

Comment

thanks, i don't know if the slopes are too steep for the ztr or not. i might take some pics of the steep areas and see what people have to say.

Comment

Demo a ZTR from your local dealer.....that's the only sure fire way to find out if a ZTR will work with your slopes.
          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
          Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
          X