buying accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying accounts

a few months back i noticed that a major player in the local market was down to one truck on the road, used to see 4 different crews out all the time. i called the owner and asked him what was up, his employees baled on him and he couldn't find new help... I offered to buy his accounts and was shocked..... he offered them at 15%. I told him I wanted to cherry pick the accounts for 20%. I bought six good accounts from him that were all over 200.00 a month

last week Another company notified the customers that they were done in 30 days. I tracked them down and just got his remaning accounts for 10%.

I just increased my revenue base by 43000.00 for a grand total of 5100.00. All customers are on a signed 12 month deal.

just thought i would pass this along as a way to market more effective for your dollars.

If any one is here in south lakeland florida ( south of edgewood drive) and wants to sell accounts let me know. I will buy them.....

Sounds like their misfortune turned into your good fortune. Good finds.

Comment

Hi dave_n_mulberry,

Good thinking on your part. I am glad to see you were able to jump on the opportunity and grow from it.
      Free LCO Contracts - Free Flyer and Door Hanger Templates - Free Web Templates - Marketing Secrets

Comment

Okay I have a critical question. This year I have had two new customers that i have signed up for a yearly mowing contract say they are signing up because the business that mowed before stopped mowing. I did not think much about it at the time but now I think the business owner just stopped mowing and left the customers to go their own way. Should I get the name of the owner and try to tie up the loose ends. He may sell me the accounts or give them away. By the sound of it he has not sold the accounts. Suggestions? If i buy the accounts what would you pay? I was thinking no more than a month of mowing.
        ted

Comment

Working...
        X