NEWBIE just bought this RYOBI commercial trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIE just bought this RYOBI commercial trimmer

Hi i just purchased a new refurbished trimmer ZR51932 1.2 commercial ryobi. Anyone tried this trimmer? Im a bang for your buck kinda guy not looking for the best but best for dolla. $77 plus $12 for shipping didnt seem to bad i will link to ebay incase someone else wants one or if its not allowed to link let me know i will erase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryobi-1-2-HP-Com...742.m153.l1262

A rateth I smelleth!!!!

Comment

ryobi and commercial do not go together.
      Noli nothis permittere te terere

Comment

Ha you must realise i had crap stihl in 80's

Then muculogh walmart special $49 lol beat on that thing and just broke drive cable. Only other trimmer ive used was friends echo back 80's and thought that was the sweet runner and featured clutch that stoped to idle. The roybi im guessing has the clutch feature? I didnt want to spend more for the trimmer than new Toro cost lol got electric start,power drive,6.5 for get this $109 at homedepot clearanced out. You cant say thats a bad machine for dolla

Comment

That thing would fall apart before you reached the first lawn to mow...
          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
          Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by ryobi View Post
            Then muculogh walmart special $49 lol beat on that thing and just broke drive cable. Only other trimmer ive used was friends echo back 80's and thought that was the sweet runner and featured clutch that stoped to idle. The roybi im guessing has the clutch feature? I didnt want to spend more for the trimmer than new Toro cost lol got electric start,power drive,6.5 for get this $109 at homedepot clearanced out. You cant say thats a bad machine for dolla
            OK... Most folks here won't even monkey with any of the brands you have listed.

While this Ryobi might last a homeowner 1 season... Most LCOs use a trimmer more in one week than a homeowner does during the life if thier handheld equipment.

I question why we are having this discussion.

Comment

I did own a stihl long time ago like 80's

I remember the builders supply sold it $135 back then. I hated it there was no clutch for the trimmer line to stop while running. While my friend next door had echo dam that thing did everything well. Ive never owned a straight shaft so my back should like ryobi. Anyone run the model i purchased?

Comment

i take it you are a homeowner.....................

I remember the builders supply sold it $135 back then. I hated it there was no clutch for the trimmer line to stop while running. While my friend next door had echo dam that thing did everything well. Ive never owned a straight shaft so my back should like ryobi. Anyone run the model i purchased?
                as in looking for a good deal to trim your own yard.

steve
                "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Oh com'on now, everybody gotta start somewhere. Back when I was 15 I was trimming lawns with a WeedEater brand trimmer. Eventually you learn what works and what doesn't.
                  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

When I was 15, hand clippers were all the rage !

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

no no i bought a couple one for me 3 for golf course i work at

I figured they could use some new trimmer all the commerical ratings had this model over stihl,redmaxs

Comment

I figured they could use some new trimmer all the commerical ratings had this model over stihl,redmaxs
                        LMAO, yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Comment

Go ahead and believe that. :laughing:

Comment

Hi i just purchased a new refurbished trimmer ZR51932 1.2 commercial ryobi. Anyone tried this trimmer? Im a bang for your buck kinda guy not looking for the best but best for dolla. $77 plus $12 for shipping didnt seem to bad i will link to ebay incase someone else wants one or if its not allowed to link let me know i will erase.
                            Are you related to Kolledge Boy ?

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

"$77 plus $12 for shipping"

I think I paid that much just to replace the coil on my BR-600....
                              Incitatus for the US Senate !

Comment

Working...
                              X