blowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowers

Any thoughtts on a reliable, well priced back pack blower. Redmax, echo or Stihl

Hey, This is my first post to the message board. I have a Stihl BR400 backpack blower I bought used from a friend, and I have to say its great. The parts are easy to get also. I had top buy new nozzles and they where resonable (2 nozzles for 20 bucks). I just started in the businees in april of this year and now I have over 30 regular customers. I truly enjoy doing this type of work. I just have to say that this is a great site and has helped me alot. thats all for now

Comment

Hello Everybody:

<b>Welcome to the Lawnservicing Forum Community, dwwhitten & Thank You for Your Forum Participation!</b> []

We Look Forward to More of Your Postings & Replies here!
      GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
      LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
      www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

I have used a husqvarna for almost ten years now and the thing is still running and starting good. I just bought a Shindaiwa about 2 months ago (the EB630, most powerful one Shin. makes) and I haevn't been as impressed with it. The power is defintley there in it, but it seems to take a few more pulls to get started than the Husky ever does. The only reason I didn't buy another Husky was b/c no one around me besides Lowe's sells them anymore. Therefore I wouldn't be able to get it serviced. That is the first thing to look into. I almost bought aRedmax, but the dealer himslef told me that Redmax can't produce replacement parts like they need to. He himself did not recommend it and he sells it. The Echo and Stihl are good as well, although not my favorites. Good Luck!

Comment

I have used this site for a long time. This is a great site.
          I have a Redmax eb7000. Works great for me. I think There were couple of other thread that discussed different blowers. Good luck.

Comment

Stihl has won my vote! Don't ask me why, but I left one of my extra blowers on my back patio for a couple of months in and out of the rain, and everything else and a week ago cranked it up and it runs awesome with practically no power loss. It's old and very used but still running- and its a Stihl 400.

Comment

Check this out tiptop it is a Shindaiwa Blower. Not top of the line on their fleet but top of the line in the market. I demoed one at the dealer. It is very nice. It is quieter than any other brand and runs at a lower rpm. This ensure longevity. The equivalent Echo or Stihl is cheaper. But alot louder. This really sold me and the price difference is very minimal. http://www.shindaiwa.com/products/blowers/eb500.html

E.Cole

Comment

We just bought 16 new Stihl 400s. Never owned Stihl before, so we'll find out if it was money well spent.
                We have management career opportunities within our company.

Comment

We have sthil br400's and one shindawa eb 500.
                  But our next blower purchase is gonna be redmax a dealer close just started selling em.

Redmax has such a great rep we are gonna give em a try.
                  The stihl are tough though last and last, but everyone we have it takes exactly 3 pulls to start em but they start everytime.Two of em been used heavy since 1996 and still going.
                  SOME OF THE FINEST THINGS COME FROM SICILIA.
                  Scottish by birth British by law
                  A highlander by the grace of god

Comment

odin00 Did teh shindaiwa perform well. How long have you had it?

E.Cole

Comment

I run Sthil's (400's) & Echo's (6000,601's, & 650's). The Sthils are great for mid season blowing 'cause there lighter than the equvilantly powered Echo's (you can carry a trimmer & blow).

The Echo 650's are in another league altogether, great for leaves & wet grass.

Comment

cole1980

We aint had the shindawa long but so far it performs real well starts first pull every time.
                        The blowing power is about the same as the sthil's.
                        It take a little getting use to not to have the blower trigger on the blower tube.
                        SOME OF THE FINEST THINGS COME FROM SICILIA.
                        Scottish by birth British by law
                        A highlander by the grace of god

Comment

Working...
                        X