Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a big job to you?

What is a big job to you?

Many, many moons ago, I thought a 4-zone irrigation system, 15 pallets of sod and 30 or so plants was a big job. These jobs are now thought of as busy work. This is my,,, meat and potatoes work which most of my jobs are. IN/OUT is the key.

BUTT

Today, I have a different concept of a big job. Now I think of a large job to be something like; 2-4 inch main feeds on irrigation, 30-65gal trees, 100s of plants, and sod for days.

what about you? What is a big job to you?
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Most of our jobs come in under $12k and I make real good profit off of those. They are very quick in and out jobs and pretty easy to sell.

I consider any job that is $20k + a decent sized job but we still get those done pretty quick.

I don't really worry about pricing jobs over $40k. They tend to take too long and the profit just isn't as high as the $20k jobs.

I feel really comfortable within the $10k - $20k size, but we have done much bigger but they were strictly commercial and the plans were actually already drawn out to their own specs.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Nowadays

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      What is a big job to you?

Many, many moons ago, I thought a 4-zone irrigation system, 15 pallets of sod and 30 or so plants was a big job. These jobs are now thought of as busy work. This is my,,, meat and potatoes work which most of my jobs are. IN/OUT is the key.

BUTT

Today, I have a different concept of a big job. Now I think of a large job to be something like; 2-4 inch main feeds on irrigation, 30-65gal trees, 100s of plants, and sod for days.

what about you? What is a big job to you?
      Just getting out of bed in the morning is the big job!!!!!:laughing:

After i surpass that hurdle and get some coffee in me then things start rolling!!
      GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

anything more than a day

i did a mulch job in jan. that took me 6 days. that's me bring it and spreading it. this was on the water and man was it cold. my daughter and myself did another in feb. that took 3 days for mulch and pinestraw. i'm not big so those would be BIG. i can't wait till next year cause they will still be big. :laughing:

steve
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Mr. Delasgh, you should invest in an ATV with a 17 cu ft trailer or larger. It will cut your mulch times WAY down.
          a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
          Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Wiping with my LEFT hand.....
            GEEVEE®, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Comment

i can put about 12 yds on my trl. if need be

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
              Mr. Delasgh, you should invest in an ATV with a 17 cu ft trailer or larger. It will cut your mulch times WAY down.
              10 is the norm. these are my two biggest jobs i do. jan. is slow around here for anything so i was by myself and just took my time. feb. last year was slow but this year was kicking. that's when i put my daughter on and haven't looked back since. these are two properties i was talking about in another thread. one has less than 1000 sq/ft of turf and the other has about 5000. everything else is gardens, water gardens and mulch. most mulch jobs for us are around 5 yds. i just checked the ole quickbooks and we did 223 yards so far with 2 jobs coming up which are small. as jack d would say, thank you for your concern.

steve-o-bubba
              "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
                Most of our jobs come in under $12k and I make real good profit off of those. They are very quick in and out jobs and pretty easy to sell.

I consider any job that is $20k + a decent sized job but we still get those done pretty quick.

I don't really worry about pricing jobs over $40k. They tend to take too long and the profit just isn't as high as the $20k jobs.

I feel really comfortable within the $10k - $20k size, but we have done much bigger but they were strictly commercial and the plans were actually already drawn out to their own specs.
                I agree, like I said that is my meat and potatoes. Those jobs under 12k are in/out, bill em and get paid in a week.
                I just bid on what I feel most landscapers would call a large irrigation job and I'd actually have to recruit a buddy's company to help out to get it installed in a decent timeframe. Three small ponds surrounded by an 8ft wide jogging path (about 2miles long), irrigate 12ft on both sides with one park area. I'd install 1 recharge well and 4 submersible feed pumps.
                Then I have this retirement center. 23 zones, 72 30-45gal trees and some 500 smaller plants and sod.
                I'd like the money I'd make but not sure if I'll dig the headache.

Originally posted by Tranny
                Just getting out of bed in the morning is the big job!!!!!
                Yeah, I see you have the same problem that Erich has. I don't think he rolls out until 8-8:30. It sucks getting old.

Originally posted by GeeVee View Post
                Wiping with my LEFT hand.....
                didn't know you are Arabic? Or did ya find allah?:alien:
                If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Any Job Where I Can Clear $100 An Hour.

Comment

Working...
                  X