fun stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun stuff

ok, so I stop by the local nursery the other day and they tell me about this little job they have and wanted to know if I was interested in it. So make a long story short look the place over needs some landscaping rock the home owner had set to be set right and some dirt hauled in no big deal. I take the job give a bid do the work and get paid home owner is extremly happy.

I get this vocemail today it is his secretary he is having plants delivered today ad wants to know if I can be there, I get over there and the plants are being unloaded. His son told me earlier that he likes to fill up his beds, I would never have thought you could get that many plants into the beds.

24 encore azalias
    20 hostas (1 gal)
    16 assorted grases (3 gal)
    30 assorted ferns (1 gal)
    10 assorted plants (3 gal)
    1 jap. maple (5 gal)
    2 other trees (5 gal)

I think that about does it.

I never actually measured the area but it pretty close to 12x20

Did I happen to mention that what he wanted was not for me to look at what he had, but to place it.

So I ask if he had any idea as to where he wanted this stuff and the answer was whereever I want to put it. Ok so here I go an hour and half later I am done. ever plant in a place, sort of, and I then I asked if he was planting them or if I was. I recon that pretty much fills up most of my monday now because I am planting them, woo hoo!

The sad part is is I get 10% off at the nursery so I missed out on better than $100 up front.

btw
    anyone have a guesstamate as to how much to charge per plant? I know you need more info to get close, just a guesstamate. I am thinking about $2.00/gal just for easy figures
    Not that it matters he told me to bill him when I got done.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
    Homer Simpson

$300.00 is what i would charge. since they did the footwork.

Comment

$325 minimum IF the soil conditions where just right. I'd throw in fert tablets as well at the time of planting for an additional cost.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Trust me the conditions will be anything but just right, I am planting all of the azalias around existng tress and I did not build the bed up there. But once I get them in the ground it should be fairly easy.
        Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
        Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
        X