Moved into new foreclosure..sprinkler controller is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved into new foreclosure..sprinkler controller is gone

I found where the wiring is and found a few heads in the yard.

What is the best way to determine:

-What system they had
    -How many zones

Any help would be appreciated as I'm a newb in this area.

-ScAndal

Are you sure it's gone?

I've seen controllers in some very odd places. Where ever the controller is or was, there is gonna be (or should be), the wires to the valves. Is this where the wires you found are?

The easiest way would be to hire an irrigation company to come in and electronically trace all wires to the valves. This way you'll know what's where.

Another method would be to buy a cheap controller (<$20), open the water shutoff valve, start hooking up wires, and firing off zones (assuming everything will work). Once you know how many zones you have, you can buy a proper controller. White is nearly always ground. You may also have a master valve which will need to be open in order for water to reach all other valves. Look for a master valve close to the cross connection into the water service line, and consequently close to the backflow assembly as well (assuming this is a properly installed system). If you can locate the MV (again, if equipped), manually open the valve and you'll have a much easier time when figuring what wire controls what.

Good luck.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

ditto. Not that hard to figure out.
      Cleveland Ohio Paver Contractor
      Landscaping Columbus Ohio
      Outdoor Fireplaces Columbus Ohio
      Paver Patios Columbus Ohio

Comment

Working...
      X