cust. lawn needs help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cust. lawn needs help....

I have this cust. whos grass is dying out roots are beginning to show and clover weeds, and other types are poping up everywhere. i mentioned one way to do is is would rent a machine to aerate the lawn a total cost of $55 add 30+ for application charge but doesnt want to take the money to make it any healthier. the grass is littierary dying! what kind of fool doesnt want to take there own damn money to make it any healthier i told her "your grass is at high risk of all dying out. you need to aerate the lawn and spread the fertilizer". which of course im not licenced too. she's the type of person who "thinks" she doesnt have to pay to make her lawn looking nice. im seriously thinking about telling her you need to switch to a different service ive tried everything i could to convince her about caring her yard a little better. any tips on this or should i just loose her all together and tell her straight?

drop it like it's hot...use the energy on another cus

Comment

I'm meeting a bunch of customers like that.....

No sun, no water, never fertilized, sandy acidic soil, and they say "Why ain't my grass growing? Fix it but remember, I'm on a fixed income!".

You just can't help some people.

Good luck,

Jason

Comment

some people are just cheap like that. how bigs the yard? mabee its good you don't have to do it.. having to rent an aerator for $55 and only making $30 off the job?? that would suck.

Originally posted by Ryan Lemons
        I have this cust. whos grass is dying out roots are beginning to show and clover weeds, and other types are poping up everywhere. i mentioned one way to do is is would rent a machine to aerate the lawn a total cost of $55 add 30+ for application charge but doesnt want to take the money to make it any healthier. the grass is littierary dying! what kind of fool doesnt want to take there own damn money to make it any healthier i told her "your grass is at high risk of all dying out. you need to aerate the lawn and spread the fertilizer". which of course im not licenced too. she's the type of person who "thinks" she doesnt have to pay to make her lawn looking nice. im seriously thinking about telling her you need to switch to a different service ive tried everything i could to convince her about caring her yard a little better. any tips on this or should i just loose her all together and tell her straight?

Comment

no i rent the aerator charge 55+30 alltogether whats wrong with that? its a small size lawn.

Comment

Damn you guys are charging way more to aerate than I am. I need to re-evaluate my prices. The problem is that the industry standard around these parts is pretty low... $30 per lawn. Small lawns.
            One more for the ditch

Comment

Write it up.

Tell her "here i have written a prescription that will benifit your turf and included is the cost. Its my responsibility as your contractor to watch out for your best interest. Please consider seriously my proposal. I will be able to complete work within ______ days upon approval."

After that you did your job professionally.

TIP OF THE DAY: When writing a "prescription",,, make certain it is the proper solution.

Than go home and rest well at night.
              SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
              Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
              www.lawnbook.com
              www.lawnservicing.com
              Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
              Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
              Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
              Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
              NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Working...
              X