Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing

I know this has been beat to death on how to price fert apps. I was getting my prices from a supplier the other day, and guys in my area are getting about 150/acre for just fert apps. I've always figured my prices on how much the fert cost/1000sq.ft then multiply that by the number of thousand sq. ft in the lawn. Mark it up 15-20% then add my stopping fee which has been $25.00. So on a 10,000 sqft lawn most would run about $45-50. Am I out of line or is that price he is talking about cheap? Maybe he isn't adding in the stopping fee. Just curious.. Thanks.

Your price should enclude:

Crew size
    Crew's average wage
    overtime factor
    risk factor
    crew average wage w/otf&rf
    labor burden
    sales tax
    g and a overhead per hour
    net profet margin
    one ton truck
    curg-time man hours per day
    number of units- sq. ft. per day
    number of units- per acer-per day

Knowing this will give you needed information to help undersand your cost both direct and indirect. Need help? PM me.

Comment

A thought

If he's working in volume, he's probably buying his fertilizer at significant savings over what you're buying yours for or even using cheaper fertilizer. There are too many variables to compare your price against his.......
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
      X