X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a break...

Originally posted by Email to Operation ScumBuster
    We do 5 applications throughout the year:

Early Spring: We apply a treatment that will increase root development and turf density giving a nice thick and green lawn. We also put in a weed control to make sure there is no crabgrass and other weeds. A broadleaf weed control is used if/when needed.

Late Spring: We use a slow release fertilizer to help continue the growing process before the hot summer. We use another round of weed control, as well as an insect control if needed.

Summer: Balance fertilizer is applied, weed and insect control is monitored but only applied if necessary.

Early Fall: We apply a fertilizer to help it recover from the summer stress from the heat, weed control is applied if necessary.

Late Fall: Blended fertilizers to help enhance the root development and get ready for spring!
    Same dude giving me the run around why he ain't a licensed pesticide business.

Originally posted by Email to Operation ScumBuster
    The regulations on being licensed versus not being licensed is whether or not you are mixing the chemicals yourself or buying them from someone else licensed already mixed. We are not currently licensed but we do not do any mixing ourselves, its actually not that much more expensive for us to have someone else mix the product and ship it to us ready-to-use rather than have to worry about it, and then we don't have to worry about the paperwork and necessary licenses that are needed to go with it. My personal opinion at the moment is I'd rather just take a lower profit margin than accidentally burn someones lawn up because my staff and I are not well versed on how to properly mix the chemicals.

I do know some people get upset about certain licenses and such.
    I ain't talking about a fertilizer blenders license dumb sheot. This dude needs to speak with the Kansas Dept of Ag.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

The mowron just doesn't get it!

:alien::alien:

Originally posted by email to Operation ScumBuster
    Yes, I am very aware of the department of agriculture regulations- I grew up on about 2,000 acres of farm ground. If/when we have to use pesticide sprays we work through an independent contractor. Typically though we don't even need to worry about the sprays as we can buy the fertilizer with the chemicals mixed in and with it now pellitized we do not need any special designation so long as we are not the ones mixing the fertilizer (per my previous e-mail).

We get all of our chemicals through a USDA regulated co op in Manhattan. Much like FDIC regulates any banks, the USDA regualtes its approved businesses as well and if it were illegal they wouldn't allow us to buy it. We cannot buy sprays unless it is for personal use, per licensing requirements and it spikes our insurance to another bracket by using them and we simply aren't interested in that, for right now at least. I was told by the previous owner that there had been past issues with the relationship here on these same issues, and I appologize- you'll find once you start using sprays it will get very expensive as it would have tripled our insurance.
    I'm done here, I'm relying on the KDA to set the mowron straight now. I tried, but he's too hard headed.

BUSTED!
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

Maybe that is why he ai'nt farming 2,000 acres anymore ?

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

He's a farmer with a license?
        He's a homeowner with a cause? (douptful)
        It dosen't matter if you don't get it. He has one.
        Whether or not he get caught is another matter entirely.
        Dosen't matter.
        Move on MaterMow, It's simply not your concern.
        It's good that you bring it to light but, it another to do something about it.

But,

if you must,

contact your local

Plant board.

Comment

No sir, he's a "professional" lawn jock offering to apply pesticides under no license.

He's very confused (though he doesn't know it) as to what licenses apply to him. Having farmed 2000 acres doesn't mean squat. He just wants to think he knows it all and is playing fairly.

As I stated, he's gonna have to talk with the Kansas Dept of Ag on this now.

Why does it not matter? He's a fool undercutting the real pros. I could (though I doubt) loose fert & squirt gigs to this dude because he's intentionally looking to apply his fert & pesticides under the lowest possible overhead (no license, low insurance). Sorry nobrownlawns, this does have an effect on me, even if a very little one. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

Working...
          X