Scotts, Deere, Lesco, Any More?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotts, Deere, Lesco, Any More?

Is scotts brand fertilizers considered home owner stuff and Lesco or Deere are commercial stuff? Whats the difference?

Name and Numbers on the Bag.

With Scotts, Lesco and Deere your plants get the extra value of the great brand name. Yes your plants will express themselfs better because they know there food is comming fron a Name Brand sourse. BWW complex is then full filled and your Plants can keep up we the Jones.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Re: Scotts, Deere, Lesco, Any More?

Originally posted by Really Well Cut
      Whats the difference?
      Price........

Once you learn what is in it, you can then determain why you are paying 4 times the price for fertilizer that says, Scott's, Lesco, and Deere that I never of heard of.

Also if this is the same Deere as in John Deere, then I would discontinue buying JD anything imidiatlly due to they are out to put you out of business.

Comment

once again, wth are you talking about? JDL putting you out of business?
        From your posting I can safely assume that you don't know anything about John Deere Landscaping or ever stepped into their stores.
        The parent company, Deere Co. now has two divisions: John Deere Equipment(which is what you probably have a problem with) and John Deere Landscaping.
        JDE obviously handles the equipment side and from the name JDL handles the landscaping side. If you ever walked into a JDL store you'd see that they don't have Deere fertilizer, you'd have to go into the woods to get some of that.
        If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

JDL offers landscape mainenance, and installation, I don't need to walk into the store if they send me crap in the mail advertising it.

One company John Deere, all goes back to the parent company.

I have no clue if JD offers fertilizer, I realy don't care nor would I ever pay 2 times the price so I could buy JD fert.

So back to you, WTF are "YOU" talking about? The thread starter asked about it, not me.

Comment

sensative are we and verbal too...

First of all JDL does not do any maintenance. They have a program called, "Preferred Contractors". Homeowner looks in the book, sees a familiar name with JD, calls, then JDL looks in their preferred contractors book for the next available contractor that offers the service inquired on and gives the caller the preferred contractors #.

I think you're 1st four words in your 3rd sentence says it all.
            JDL prices are very competative with any other company's. And yes RWC did ask a question but you decided to give a poor and uneducated answer. You just needed to blab and blab you did.

Comment

Very verbil you idiot, did you not read my post putz..

quote:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally posted by Really Well Cut
              Whats the difference?
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price........

Once you learn what is in it, you can then determain why you are paying 4 times the price for fertilizer that says, Scott's, Lesco, and Deere that I never of heard of.

If you are in the same boat he is then you deserve to suffer also.

Fertilizer has a garunteed analysis, that is what it has to do by AG guidlines. You have brands out there like Labanon who have come up with better ways for urea/nitrogin to break down when watered and be absorbed into the lawn.

Shall I continue or are you the dumb a$$ today?

And yes Lesco Scotts and if made JD are way over priced.

Labanon, Howard Johnson, Simplot, Par-Ex and many others out there that are high quality and lower priced.

Comment

you forgot to mention how sensative you are

Comment

I remember something about John Deere landscapes buying out a large national or at least regional landscape service company, that served many of the major east coast markets several years ago. Shortly there after TrueGreen/ Landcare Came down. Since then the only thing I have seen of either one was a pair of Fords, and no they were not delivery trucks, but real honest to god landscape maintenance and installation trucks on display at the EXPO in Louisville 2 years ago. After all the hubris the last few years I am curious as to where this mega mergeropolis mania seems to have gone. Even the "Hosers" here aren't calling twice a year wanting to buy our chemical accounts anymore. Mr Nilson can you shed light on that which is dark to us?
                  Tis easier to take someone with a good personality and teach them the skills they need, than it will be to take a skilled person and change their personality

Comment

Fertilizers, etc.

About two years ago, Scotts sold its COMMERCIAL division to a company called Andersons. Formulations not only remain identical, but Andersons is still selling through its inventory of Scotts labeled packaging. Andersons is available only through select dealers, and is significantly less expensive than what you's pay for Scotts at retail ( and Scotts is now ONLY available at retail). Scotts/Andersons results are outstanding. I disagree that the content is all the same - while the ingredients may be the same, the encapsulation of the product for time- release makes a signiicant difference in length of quality of appearence.

Before I found myself in this business, I used Scotts exclusively on my own home's lawn - with outstanding results - after trying and giving up on saving a few bucks with disappointing results. In the case of Scotts, you do get what you pay for. Scotts owns Ortho, Round-Up and Miracle-Gro too! As long as the Andersons products come in the Scotts packaging, I will buy without hesitation. Once there is a change, I will scrutinize the labels and the product.

My customer's see and are willing to pay for the difference
                    JPSullivan

Comment

I find it interesting that the Andersons have also pushed the Scotts applications franchises back out on the front burner. One of the speakers at the Expo 3 years ago was the guy who develop their personnel system. Naturally you can guess where he used to work. I will credit this fellow he was not one of those goofballs that that system turned out. He felt like we had to have goals to make sure we have the money to pay the bank. However he spent most of his talk on developing a personnel recruiting and retainment system.

Having been with Chemlawn in his early days, he felt that a lot of the problems that they had were created by thier managers beating people over the head with goals, and not spending much time checking salesmen bids to the actual physical size of the properties.

I once told the branch manager I worked for that " if you bastards got paid, for what you treat, you could post numbers double what you do now". I think in the 90 days before I got wise and washed my hands of them, I managed to hit my numbers twice. I was running a route that covered 4 rural counties. They also gave me help, 2 guys most senior in the company, who would go in and cherry pick my route, when theirs were done. The second time I accidentally found one that was screwed up. The salesman had it down as 2 acres and charged accordingly. It was only 1 acre.

Oh Well Ya live and Ya Learn

Bill
                      Tis easier to take someone with a good personality and teach them the skills they need, than it will be to take a skilled person and change their personality

Comment

I used two different products for Step Two (weed control) this season. I used the Lesco 24-18-12 Poly Vex w/ weed control and the Scotts Super Turf Builder 2 + Weed Control.. The Scott's product did better at killing weeds and the Lesco product did a better job at thickening/greening the turf....

I haven't seen anything worth buying other than those two.. I've seen a few no-name brands (Gro-Green, Prize Fertilizer, etc); and I think I'll stay away from them even though they are alittle cheaper....
                        Steve
                        Quality Lawn Care & Landscape Management
                        www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by McBillNLex
                          [B]I find it interesting that the Andersons have also pushed the Scotts applications franchises back out on the front burner.
                          For my own learning....why is the franchise on the front burner interesting? Is this good or bad? Just want to understand

Comment

Lawn service forum is a website that is having the title of green industry professional with learn and share session of progress. The forum of the day post has the sessions of good way of essay shark scam associated with the pesticides, herbicides and fertilizer application forum for all.

Comment

Before using any fertilizers, do some research and read the customer reviews about the product. You can get more information about lawn fertilizers here.

Comment

Working...
                              X