Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn with Weeds, moss, uneven...

Hey there folks,
    I bought my first house about 1.5 years ago and I have been trying to get this lawn in shape since. I am pretty much fed up since weeds just don't go away, I have moss that I kill in one spot and appears in another, and the grass is thinning in some areas yet thick in others.
    I also have a very uneven lawn, I think there were some trees that were taken down once, and even a rock garden perhaps. I keep finding big rocks under the soil about the size of my fist.
    So I was thinking of starting over, killing the grass, weeds & moss. I would also get to even out any dips and uneven spots in the lawn. Is this something I should do or am I overreacting? How should I go about this?
    I have heard mixed opinions about killing the grass with herbacide... or killing it by tilling it and raking everything green up.

Any help or advice would be great.... or even links? Thanks!

I Just Saw This...............

Originally posted by GrassHole View Post
    Hey there folks,
    I bought my first house about 1.5 years ago and I have been trying to get this lawn in shape since. I am pretty much fed up since weeds just don't go away, I have moss that I kill in one spot and appears in another, and the grass is thinning in some areas yet thick in others.
    I also have a very uneven lawn, I think there were some trees that were taken down once, and even a rock garden perhaps. I keep finding big rocks under the soil about the size of my fist.
    So I was thinking of starting over, killing the grass, weeds & moss. I would also get to even out any dips and uneven spots in the lawn. Is this something I should do or am I overreacting? How should I go about this?
    I have heard mixed opinions about killing the grass with herbacide... or killing it by tilling it and raking everything green up.

Any help or advice would be great.... or even links? Thanks!
    soil sample first. i would say a low PH because of the on going weeds and moss. after your soil sample comes back then apply what it says. either dig all the big rocks up or deal with the hot spots they create. i wouldn't kill the yard this late. i would do it in early august and again in early september followed by a dose of fert in late august to bring everything up that you didn't get the first go around. i could offer more, but i can't see the yard.

steve
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Working...
    X